Is my Springer front end right?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Quick question I have a 20'' lowrider fitted with a Springer 20'' bent front folks, when i bought it from the seller it had a nut on the end of the main suspension bolt that goes through the spring is this fitment right??
I have seen a few pictures and looks like it should not have one fitted so I have removed the nut, have added a picture of what the setup is now, any advise or pictures of what your set up looks like would be helpfull!!
0122_zps5fd95ba9.jpg

The nut would be to keep the bolt from loosening. Some springers have a set screw through the head bracket to lock the bolt. That's the way my original springer was on my stretch. When I got a new fork for it, it did not have a set screw or a lock nut. I ended up having to put a longer bolt and a spacer in it and used a lock nut.

af_026.jpg

You may be able to see the set screw in the top of the fork bracket on the original springer.

af_02.jpg

Cheers for the pictures and insight! I did notice when i removed the bolt the front end did feel abit softer, will refit it now i know it should be there!

Back