Is it a schwinn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chance to pick up this bike, but I am not really sure what it is or how much to offer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cf-254277-p1_zps9ea2d04d.jpg

That looks to me like a Schwinn C model, possibly the tall 20in frame. The rack, seat, chainguard and light are incorrect. How much are they asking?

Its at a local auction going to look at it tomorrow, where would I find the serial number on this bike?

flip1969 said:
Its at a local auction going to look at it tomorrow, where would I find the serial number on this bike?

The serial # is under the bottom bracket; but I don't know what good that will do you... The prewar serial numbers are not well documented or generally available.

dougfisk said:
That looks to me like a Schwinn C model, possibly the tall 20in frame. The rack, seat, chainguard and light are incorrect. How much are they asking?

A C108 or a BC118 would be close. '39 was the last year for the hanging tank so it is a '39 or older.
If I was wanting to restore one of those I'd probably pay $200 for that one due to tall frame and hanging tank. Gary

B607 said:
...If I was wanting to restore one of those I'd probably pay $200 for that one due to tall frame and hanging tank. Gary

Out here we have to pay more. :( I would probably go to $300 if I really wanted it.

Does this mean you got it? "E Z Speed" is a cool headbadge in and of itself. :D

Good job! It would have been a bargain at twice the price. We'd like a total resto with pics please... 8) :wink: Gary

Back