Is a '97 Univega ladies cruiser a find?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.........Well, I think a '97 Univega girl's bike cruiser is a find. I'm easily amused. :mrgreen:

I got it for $25 a couple days ago and it's still essentially brand new. The tires still have the fuzzies on them. I was even handed the owner's manual and a reciept for the original 1997 sale price of $189.

My wife likes it and I'm going to have some fun changing it up a little. The first thing I'm doing is adding a wood insert which you can see the beginnings of in the pic. In the end it will have flames painted on the wood. The bike will also be sporting some apes and a bananna seat and sissybar and I'll remove the stickers. Nothing radical, but like I said, I'm easily amused.

Univega.jpg

A fresh bike you can use, at a hundred and sixty bucks less than an equivalent store bought , is a find. :) Might want to check the grease before going on a tour. :|

Rat Rod said:
You can hardly buy a set of tires for that much so yes, you did good. :wink:

That's what I was thinking. :D

...of course since I got it, I just had to order parts.....so that more than doubled the price of the bike right there. :roll: :mrgreen:

The apes and some other stuff should be here next week. I'll do more on it then. If I can find some time to finish out the wood part, I'll post some updated pics of it.

Back