IronSwine from Schwinn forums--nice to be a part!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, some of you know me from the Schwinn forums, most of you have probably never heard of me. I just built my first ratrod this year with a buddy of mine. It was a 58 ladies Schwinn frame and a bunch of parts I had laying around. It was dog ugly and is now disassembled. Trust me, you arent missing anything. I was referred here to speak with Firewalker about doing a custom seat for my "Randy Bike". The "Randy Bike" is a build I am doing for a close friend of mine that was killed on his Honda CBR1000RR a year and a half ago, so its a very special project to me. I am looking forward to meeting all of you, as your reputations have preceded you. I love being a part of the bike community, and it will definitely be a lifelong venture, so dont expect me to go away anytime soon.

A little about me, well, a lot. Im 26 years old, and presently live in central Illinois, but Im moving to Baytown Texas here in a couple of weeks. I am the type of guy that will give you the shirt off my back if you need it. I dont mess people around, and I dont tolerate being messed around. I started building and riding Schwinns when I was 15 years old, and my first Schwinn was a Pink Fairlady. I purchased my first Schwinn with my own money when I was 16, and that was a 1968 Campus Green Fairlady. I still have that bike. Ive owned hundreds since then, and up until I was 21, I had never owned a boys Schwinn bike. The first boys Schwinn I owned was a Flamboyant Red Stingray Jr. That bike got destroyed unfortunately, and is a sore subject to this day. I finally redeemed myself on that one this year when I bought a 1965 Jr in Violet, with original paint. I hope to own a shop of my own in the next few years, and Im working toward doing that now. I dont really specialize in anything except soaking up information about bikes. Im a pipefitter by trade, and the father of a beautiful 2 year old little girl.

What to expect from me....
You can expect nothing but honesty. I feel that all a man has is his word and reputation, and I try very hard to make that known. My policy for selling items is simple: If you arent satisfied because the part wasnt described accurately, was damaged, or just wasnt what you thought it was, you get a full refund, with shipping both ways.

Its great to be a part of this site! I have heard so many good things about it, and I dont know why I didnt join sooner. Thanks for having me!

Jon

hey ironswine, whats up im on the schwinn forums too remember me.
by the way whats ironswine mean?

Hey Ahab, oh yeah I remember you buddy! Send me an email about the Mach One!

"IronSwine" is taken from the name of my bicycle club, The IronSwines. When I started highschool, there was a big group of guys and gals that hung out together and rode vintage bikes, mostly 20" muscle bikes, which is how I got into them in the first place. Around town, people knew them as "the hoggers". The bikes resembled "hogs" to a lot of people, i.e. motorcycles with long forks and whatnot. For the most part, the guys built lowriders. Iron, for the old Chicago steel, and Swine, to describe the hogs we built with them. Hence, IronSwine. When they guys and gals graduated high school, they all pretty much moved on, got jobs, families, and forgot about bikes. I didnt. I inhereted the bike club, and have been running the show ever since. I took on the name IronSwine because seems like every other person on the Schwinn site has "Krate" somewhere in their name. I use this name on every site I belong to, even myspace. Not proud of that one. So thats the story of IronSwine!

Same to you sensor! Thanks for the welcome guys! Im really looking forward to building my first real Ratrod. Im thinking of doing up a ladies bike, most likely the '58 I started with. Hmmm.......

Hey Jon. For some reason I just assumed you were already on this forum. Seems like a perfect fit for you.

Yes, another Texan. Even thought he's going to be from Baytown. ( Just kiddin) Isnt that near Houston.
Welcome. Let's have some fun....

SuperStuff...I know right? I dont know why it took me so long to get over here. Probably due to the amount of time I spend on the Schwinn site, just never wanted to take the time to register. Glad I did though.

JT...yeah Baytown is 20 minutes outside of Houston. I already have a good relationship with one collector/builder down there. He goes by the name of Mr. Bill on the Schwinn site. I am looking forward to meeting a lot of the collector/builders down there, as I have only met 2 in Illinois. old_alfie and customizer007. Both are very nice guys!

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys. Expect a lot of contributions from me!

Jon

Thanks guys....

One of these days Ill make it over to SoCal. I have a list of things I have to do before I die, and one of them is visiting Brad Nowells grave in Long Beach. Those in the know are a part of a virtual brotherhood...much like the biking community.

IronSwine said:
Thanks guys....

One of these days Ill make it over to SoCal. I have a list of things I have to do before I die, and one of them is visiting Brad Nowells grave in Long Beach. Those in the know are a part of a virtual brotherhood...much like the biking community.

that was the lead singer sublime yeah.

Thats right! Music is a big part of my life as well. Been a drummer since age 12. Named my daughter after a Boston song...its not Amanda. Little trivia, anyone?? :D

FW, Yeah that has to be cool! I hope that my future shop gets to that point. I was told of your work, and after looking over many many pictures, I decided you would be the one to approach about my seat. I have inquired at a local upholstery shop about having this seat done, but they said they would not do it in leather, and Im getting leather. Thats all there is to it. SO, here I am! I am even willing to have leather specially dyed to get the colors I need. I will stop at nothing on this build, it will be done right. Theres no other way! I sent you a lengthy PM, and Im looking forward to your reply. Thanks so much!
Jon

IronSwine said:
Thats right! Music is a big part of my life as well. Been a drummer since age 12. Named my daughter after a Boston song...its not Amanda. Little trivia, anyone?? :D

I know it can't be "Cool the Engines" so how about "Hollyann"

IronSwine said:

Magdalene?

BTW, welcome aboard & glad to have you here.

-Mp

Back