Invasion Of The Little Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night was our 4th annual 20 Inch Night at the Wichita Pub Pedal. Our biggest turn out of 20 inch wheeled (or smaller) bikes yet. I'd guesstimate between 40 and 40.
All the photos here.

Here are just a few of the bikes...

Ratfink1962
IMG_2269.JPG

65rat's family's bikes
IMG_2277.JPG

My wife's 20" ride
IMG_2282.JPG

My ride
IMG_2293.JPG

Dangratsdan's
IMG_2353.JPG

Built around one of those little monkey bike frames
IMG_2288.JPG

IMG_2336.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

my 1st pub pedal... Was hoping there would be more of the Pedal part, but thats ok. I shoulda went with Tim and family to ride around the river.

Saw lots and lots of cool little bikes, brought back childhood memories of Stingrays! The Burrito did well, no breakdowns on its maiden voyage, and a bunch of different people gave it a ride, and they were all smiling... so its all good!

Thanks Steve. Mitch we got a little riding in after you left. The later you stay out the more riding you're likely to get in. We rarely stay late anymore.
Here's a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFUWu6u-dTU

BTW if anyone doesn't know about that Schwinn Qualifier. It's my understanding that Schwinn and a couple of other companies made these style of bikes for "Formula 1" racing which didn't catch on. I believe in the late 80s when when BMX started to decline or hit a lull.

Looks like a great event, something I wish we could started down here!
I don't suppose you know whether or not if the owner of this bike might want to sell?
Searsbike.jpg

That bike is identical to my very first bike and it would be great to have it again. Just kind of curious. :wink:

aka_locojoe said:
StepChld said:
I don't suppose you know whether or not if the owner of this bike might want to sell?
Sorry but I can't even recall whose it was.
OK thanks! If you run into him, pass the word if you would. :wink:

Back