Internally routed cable

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
1403265747193_zps68ba3e45.jpg
Hey rat rodders, someone has an idea better than mine!
I have run my index rear shifter cable down the canti stay, adjustable stops with Index housing on each end. Inside the tube is a lined cable(non index) that I cut 1/8th inch short.
Problem is, slow or no shifts in the higher gears.
I am working on chain wrap and tension, I thought I had to much of both, so I added a link, and adjusted the deralier angle. No change.
This chain is extremely long and has a small chainline issue, the front Sprocket is backwards, and, I was
throwing the chain in random gears.
My initial thought has been to stabilize the inner housing with spray foam. Any better ideas?

Please tell me I am a dummy!

Your a dummy!

How long is the housing loop in the back? If that curve is too small, you will miss shifts...

If you have indexed shifters then you need proper Shift cable housing. Foam won't help the housing from compressing.

If you ave indexed shifters then you need proper Shift cable housing. Foam won't help the housing from compressing.
I have SHIMANO index housing. The liner is all i was thinking to stabilize. Appreciate the thought.

Back