**INSERT BUILD NAME HERE** FINISHED!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: **INSERT BUILD NAME HERE** (noob alert)

So what do you think? should I continue with this frame and set up?

erichitscar said:
So what do you think? should I continue with this frame and set up?

Personal preference. I like both frames, it's all about what you wanna build, it's going to be your bike. They are very similar.

I have so many idea's in my head right now, hoping that the rest of my ordered parts show up before the weekend so I can start mocking em' up. My mind is going a million miles an hour! :shock:

On the bright side, I did get some work done to the bike i'm building for my mother. I'll have to post some picks up over on that thread.

My Thick Brick tire came in the mail today, and I have to say i'm severely disappointed with the quality. For the price you pay you would think it would be decent quality.
I ordered the white wall Thick Brick, and the white wall is jagged all around the edges, and is thinner and thicker in other places. Even some parts of the white wall are missing. Almost Junk! :?

erichitscar said:
My Thick Brick tire came in the mail today, and I have to say i'm severely disappointed with the quality. For the price you pay you would think it would be decent quality.
I ordered the white wall Thick Brick, and the white wall is jagged all around the edges, and is thinner and thicker in other places. Even some parts of the white wall are missing. Almost Junk! :?

I am surprised. most quick bricks or pretty nice but once i think about it all i have owned are solid cream, black and brick tires. Bummer!

Either bike is great for a build. If you use the second one I would keep the rear fender, it's awesome! (that is if you can fit the tire under it)

pick said:
Either bike is great for a build. If you use the second one I would keep the rear fender, it's awesome! (that is if you can fit the tire under it)

Thanks, I placed the rear fender on the Thick Brick, and I don't think it's going to fit without some serious engineering! :mrgreen:

Re: **INSERT BUILD NAME HERE** (FRAME CHANGE)

It's official! I've decided to go with the vintage Montgomery ward frame instead of the smaller Columbia frame.

I snapped a photo this evening after I bolted on the new rear wheel set up!

242123_10150216689058711_511913710_7029973_6132807_o.jpg

on the left is my daily, and on the right is my build off bike as it sits now.
(sorry for the bad photo, I shot it with my crappy phone's camera.)

Re: **INSERT BUILD NAME HERE** (FRAME CHANGE))

Got kinda side tracked for the past few weeks. I've been busy building a bike for my mom. I just finished it today and thought I would post a photo to show you all what I've been up to.

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

Now I gotta get back into the build off mindset!

NICE job!...That's a build off bike, right there.

Wow, you put a trike seat on it. :shock: I've got one of those in my shop floor right now, and could've never pictured it on a bicycle... till now.

KOTA'S RIGHT. THAT'S A BUILD OFF BIKE. MOM WILL BE PROUD TO CRUISE THAT. MUCH LOVE WENT INTO IT. CUE " I ALWAYS LOVE MY MOMMA " SONG . PEACE

Wow! I can't believe it's almost August already! Time is a flying!
Been so wrapped up in home projects ever since the weather got nice, that I've been neglecting my build project!
To top it off, My wife and I leave the 28th for vacation!!! I have only a few days to finish this thing! :shock:

Good thing is, I have the parts to finish it, bad thing is I don't think I will get a chance to paint it or do any detail work to it. :cry:

(SIDE TRACKED)
Found this guy at an estate sale this past weekend.
I should have taken pics of it before I cleaned it up. I was caked with mud and hay. It hung in a barn for most of its life!

Brought it home, and took the power washer to it! I was surprised to find this!
IMG_2043.jpg

I can't find any numbers on it or manufacturing stamps... I think it may be a Montgomery Ward or BF Goodwrench? any ideas?

Cleaned it up, adjusted the seat and handlebars, tightened all the nuts and bolts, and inflated the tires! Rides like a dream!

Re: **INSERT BUILD NAME HERE** BACK AT IT!!!

It's a Murray frame. Never seen handlebars like that on a factory bike. Probably mid 70s like mine.

(BACK ON TRACK)

Here are a few shots of some of the extras I've added to the bike:

IMG_2071-1.jpg

Schwable low profile front tire.

IMG_2070-1.jpg

Thick Brick installed, and just barely fits!

IMG_2068-1.jpg

NY plate found at a garage sale! (I live in Ohio, but the colors on this one looked better)

IMG_2067-1.jpg

Old school reflector

IMG_2066-1.jpg

Wrapped kick stand??? Why not?

IMG_2064-1.jpg

Final Placement of the headlight

IMG_2063-1.jpg

So there you have it! Now to finish it! :mrgreen:

Got some time to day to fab up the fender insert.
Here is what I've got started so far;

277756_10150274604758711_511913710_7481759_2770782_o.jpg

279608_10150274607823711_511913710_7481800_3588497_o.jpg

Been hard at work the last couple of days! I only have 2 days left to finish it before we leave for vacation! :shock:

Here are some shots of what i'm working on:

277650_10150275515303711_511913710_7492071_6458985_o.jpg

Got the insert fitted! Now time to stain and seal it!

278636_10150275516753711_511913710_7492101_6873550_o.jpg

Started mocking up the rear rack!

272107_10150275516033711_511913710_7492084_7916482_o.jpg

Made some valve cap covers...

272533_10150275517568711_511913710_7492117_5333269_o.jpg

Got the front wheel painted and the tire mounted! :mrgreen:

looks real sharp i like a clean well done build. like the "header wrap" on the kickstand.

Back