INFO. WANTED ON MERCURY BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I AM LOOKING FOR INFO. ON ONE OF THE MERCURY BIKES THAT WERE MADE BEWTEEN 1936-1938. IT HAS A DOUBLE HEADLIGHT AND HORN AND SPEEDO. ARE THEY RARE. CAN PARTS BE FOUND OR MADE FOR THESE BIKES.IT WOULD ALSO BE VERY HELPFULL IF SOMEONE HAD OLD ADVERTISEMENTS OF THIS BIKE. LET ME KNOW. HERE IS THE STORY. THERE IS AN OLDER COUPLE THAT ARE NOT TO FAR FROM ME THAT WANT TO GET RID OF ONE. IT HAS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES ON IT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE HUBCAPS. IT IS ALL ORIGINAL. WHAT IS A BIKE LIKE THIS WORTH. I HAVE SEEN ONE ON EBAY AND THIS ONE BLOWS IT AWAY FOR ORIGINAL PAINT AND PARTS. ANYBODY OUT THERE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW.

I don't have a lot of info but here is a link to Dave's site with pics. If it is the pod bike, the headlight unit is the big deal...and it is a really big deal as very few survived. You may get more info on The Cabe about value.
This is one of those moral issues and I hope that you will do the right thing for the old folks that I am sure don't know what they have and could use the money...

http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle430.htm

Back