**Info on ThunderJet bicycles**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey fellow RRB'eRs, I saw an eBay ad for a thunderjet bike. I been looking for one for a long time. And this one actually struck my eye. I heard they were made in Rockaway NY, which is why I been looking for one, since I used to live in Queens NY, this model is a 50's anyone know when they started and or stopped making them in NY. Or if I'm wrong where were they made. I really would like to get this bike as part of my collection. Any info is great.

I thought they were Snyder built (Rollfast). Where they built bikes I'm not sure.

ThunderJet/ Ross ??? I bought this out of New York a few years back. May be selling this one.
349_zpsbfccb2db.jpg

I live in Far Rockaway for a year, as my grandmother, and other family lived there. Did not know Thunder Jet was made there. Hope it all works out for you! :D

Chain Bicycle Company and Ross. Yesshoney had a Thunderjet entered in one of the early RRB buildoffs that was badged Rockaway Beach NY. The New York Times archives has an article about Chain Bicycle Company buying a lot for industrial use there.Bikes were also made in Allentown,PA . Wikipedea has an article on Ross Bicycles that mentions Chain Bicycle Co.You can web search those names for more info.

Latest posts

Back