INDIAN CLONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing as recent posts include a mid teens Indian, I figure I will share my first motorized build, a mid teens Indian clone. I have not yet hooked up the suicide shift or the Shimano racheting front brakes. I am reluctant to do so because it looks so good in the house, and if I hook up the cables, I will be tempted to run it ..then it will be relegated to the garage. A fuller description is on the attached Photobucket sub-album http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20 ... -%20TEENS/ I am now in the process of building motorized Police, Fire and Army bikes. Cheers

Very nice bike man!!!!!!! Thats a very clean looking bike you have built there, and i absolutley love those forks.

Nice work! I hope you don't mind I posted the photos here so we don't have to click the link.
scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

DSCN3298.jpg

DSCN3299.jpg

DSCN3301.jpg

DSCN3308.jpg

DSCN3307.jpg

DSCN2077.jpg

DSCN2075.jpg

DSCN2071.jpg

DSCN2070.jpg

I just noticed your front engine mount..... is that safe? Im not sure about the strength of that mount and wouldnt want you possibly damaging that beautiful bike. It doesnt look very secure which will put extra stress on your seatpost should your engine move a little or just from the constant vibrations... maybe you should strengthen that front mount a little.... otherwise absolutely awesome build

Its a Whizzer mount..tried and true, I hope. A friend used one on a build about 6 mos ago, its still cranking. Like everthing else prudence and regular tightening is the watchword. I,too, had reservations

a Whizzer mount??????????? Fair enough, we dont see any Whizzers in Australia so ive never seen one..... still looks a little scary to me but if they are tried and true i stand corrected..... once again nice work. Did you do the work yourself, making the tank etc?.... cant wait to see your other bikes

I had the tank and powder done by a friend. If you want to see some of my current bike collection, follow the photobucket link in my initial post to my sub-albums. I will be loading pix of the upcoming motorized builds soon, as I have pretty well picked up all the parts and accourements required, Cheers

I checked out your account..... WOW nice bikes, you have quite a collection. We must have similar tastes, i love all those old bike and tricycles. My favourite was that old "racer" thats on your mantlepiece or fireplace..... i love the REALLY old looking bicycles. Cant wait to see what your future builds progress.

Back