indian chief

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after a very long time i have decided what theme i'm going with. i have most of the body work done at this point. will be cutting the forks down about 2 inches to level out the ride. i have a 7 speed nexus for it. SE bmx 3 piece cranks and some nos dyno pedals that i changed the axles from 1/2 to 9/16. i will be doing the two tone maroon and black. found some indian decals and soon will buy an indian front fender light. here it is so far just mocking the fenders up, the front just sitting there. i'm going more for the look in the second indian pic.

here is when i took the frame down and redid the body work on the frame. the filler was was cracking and not mixed right from the in the first place. so i removed the old bondo and redid it.
i cut here and there for the tank to fit right. you can see in the next pics the gap and ear tabs on the tank. the gap was about 3/4 inch on each side.
once i got the tank centered i used expanding insulation foam to fill the tank which was hallow. you have to do a little at a time so the tank wont split. once the tank was full i shaved down the exposed foam like you would on a surf board. the top of the tank was not even. one side was a little lower then the other side so i had to level it out. it was hours and hours of filling and sanding.

i cut down the triple clamp forks about 2 1/2 inches the slam the ride hight a wile back. once i got the fenders, the forks were to short to use. so i found this kikker mini chopper for $50 buck. took the forks off and put a beach cruiser front end on it and sold it for $40 buck. have to do some fab work for the forks to work right.

i cut the chain guard in the rear and welded front and rear tabs for the chain guard. i don't take enough pics of my work but here is most of what i did or can remember.

This is a seriously awesome build. I was not sold on the tank shape at first glance, but the more I looked at it the more I liked it. I will be watching closely for updates.

JimK

Back