In reply to boardtrack fan and his PK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
BF,

Thanks for posting your pic. As I said, you are still kinda lucky to have a pic of your bike, even if you don't still have the bike. I decided to recreate my first "real" bmx bike a few years ago and just recently finished it. Without pics, I had to trust the ole noggin to recall what all it had on it. For the life of me, I couldn't recall what tires it had, but everything else is just as I remember, down to the decals.

Here's some photos...

DSCN3621.jpg

DSCN3622.jpg

DSCN3615.jpg

DSCN3619.jpg

Yep.

Really I'm just into GPV bikes from the mid to late 80s.

A great looking bike. I have often thought about re-creating my PK but, then I think "what would I do with it?". I like to ride my bikes and a 20" BMX is just to small now. I'm hoping the 26" BMX I'm building will satisfy me.

FE,

My collection is pretty small. I own Dean Bradley's old 26 inch Champion GPV that was in many magazines during the 80s. I also have a NOS, in the boxes Hutch GPV. I've been trying to track down many of the old BMX GPV bikes from the 80s, but most were parted, scrapped, or MIA. I did have a long conversation with Dan Hannebrink (? spelling). He still owns his SE Racing based GPV that was the fastest of the time at over 100mph. He's willing to sell too, but the price is way out of my budget.

There was a guy locally(boise,id) who had 2 Hannebrink Hutch GPV bikes. No fairings but complete. He wanted $450 for the pair. I wished I had the money at the time to buy even one. I have seen them listed one time since. I will let you know if they come up again.

the hanebrinks were all over gravity biking in the beginning from what i understand, they build a wicked full fairing bike and then - if im remembering what i was told correctly - they were not allowed to race it cuz the fairing covered the front wheel. they didnt race anymore after that i dont think, but i could be wrong. they sold front forks for a while for g-bikes too.
fast eddie

cman said:
There was a guy locally(boise,id) who had 2 Hannebrink Hutch GPV bikes. No fairings but complete. He wanted $450 for the pair. I wished I had the money at the time to buy even one. I have seen them listed one time since. I will let you know if they come up again.

Awesome! Keep me posted.

fast eddie said:
the hanebrinks were all over gravity biking in the beginning from what i understand, they build a wicked full fairing bike and then - if im remembering what i was told correctly - they were not allowed to race it cuz the fairing covered the front wheel. they didnt race anymore after that i dont think, but i could be wrong. they sold front forks for a while for g-bikes too.
fast eddie

Yep, the full fairing bike was outlawed. If I remember correctly his son ran a GPV bike in some early (1996?) X games events (let me know if my facts are off). They tried to run the red and white GPV that Dan used to dominate with and the officials said, no way, after witnessing one run.

I still dream of one day owning that bike. We'll see.

I don't know, gold parts seem to be my signature. I have a Torker Pro-X build that should be done soon...guess what...more gold parts. :wink:

sensor said:
nice bikes both of you :mrgreen:
i guess im lucky...... ive still got the trickstar that i worked my butt of for in jr. high in '82

Excellent! Post some pics. I'd love to see it.

these are the only ones i have so far(still havent gotten around to cleaning it)......the original wheels/cranks/pedals were sold in high school but i think i still have the old tioga tires i had on it somewhere :roll:
hutch001.jpg

hutch002.jpg

and it looks like im not the only one who had a coaster tuff wheel :shock:

WOW!! :shock:

You're just a chain and a good detailing away from supreme survivor status.

Post more pics when you get it all cleaned up. btw, reproduction decal kits are available if you want to make it factory fresh.

Back