I'm Pat from Escondido, California

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Pat, from Escondido, Ca. I've enjoyed bikes for over fifty years. My first bicycle memory is from the age of five. I had just learned to ride a two wheeler and fell down and broke my leg.

I "customized" (rattle can paint job) every bike i owned growing up. My first custom build was a "chopper trike" I welded together at the age of twelve.

As an adult, I started getting interested in custom bikes again when I bought twenty Schwinn Choppers a few years ago, just because they were on sale at the local Pepboys Auto store. I donated those to charity raffles and gave them away as gifts, saving two that I really liked, the Stealth and a green one. Those were stolen before I even unboxed them.

In the last few years, I have put together a 20" trike for my 9 year old son who is a bit "balanced challenged" and just picked up a Torker trike for my wife (he inherited from her, apparently). I'm trying to figure out how to personalize it for her.

My 6 year old daughter has a nifty little 20" crusier that we picked up on CL, but prefers a rusty 12" OCC Chopper.

I've got a few ideas for what I want; I love the "board track" look. I'm afraid it might be a bit uncomfortable for me to ride more than a few blocks though. Maybe a board track inspired electric trike??

Well, thanks for having me. I look forward to learning alot and really enjoy reading the build threads.

Pat

Welcome!

Back