Im getting board wth my whizzer..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here she is when i first got her..

DSC_0088Medium-1.jpg

boring!

then it went to this:

DSC_0004.jpg

better but very dangerous, a friend crashed it, and i realized that the repop monark forks are better for normal pedal bikes. reading what a lot of you had to say about these forks, i also thought it would be better to fall off a pedal bike than it would be to eat pavement doing 50

so i found a more heavy duty fork, and here is where i am now.

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

its a mercury fork (read murray built 50s deluxatude) i also saw this fork on the amazing western flyer x-53

heres the thing about this whizzer, its great, but the frame is complete garbage. im still trying to find a late 30s cleveland welding frame to chop up for this motor and other accessories.

im working on a deal to get another whizzer that i plan to leave stock

as it sits, it rides ok, but its a little scary because the coaster brake on that worksman wheel locks up and throws the pedals forward too easily. so, keeping true to the board track feel, its got no brakes.

watch it run!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvMj3JuBPvw

nice i want one. but i want to build a frame around one of those briggs v twins with like 18 hp :mrgreen:

I want one also!! There are too many hills in Colorado! That would make it a lot easier!!!!!!

the new whizzers have 3 types of auto clutches, from my understanding, its flatland 50mm, intermediate 70 and flatland speed demon 90mm, mine is a manual clutch 90 mm.

Back