I'm at college right now...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My POPS went to Trenton Catholic back in the ''50's...(it takes about a crowbar to get him to open up)

There was "The Bear" and "The Cub"...ALL Fransiscan Priests...Beat the living heck outta some bad classers.(HEH)

Thier chant was REAL FUNNY against Trenton High!

I'd post it on here,but would get booted right outta here.

PM me for the chant.

Let's see,
Kindergarden: Mrs McNulty AKA "Mrs McNutty" She was a trip and made school fun.
1st grade Mr. Purcell, He was kinda cool as long as you stayed on his good side.
2nd & 3rd kinda a blur
4th grade only ones I remembered were Mrs. Harnish which was the best teacher ever and Mrs Kincaid who was the worst

Middle school was kinda a blur. Remember the teachers but not what grade
Mr. Steve Bunn, Math and SRP, Get him started on talking about boxing and you'd hear about Ali and Foreman till the class was over. :mrgreen:
Mr. Mace, Science, Kinda creepy later found he was arrested for sexual misconduct with a minor. :shock:
Mr. Dan Hogan, principal, Knew him well :oops: Later found out he committed suicide. great guy though. :cry:
Mrs. Sten AKA Mrs "Frankensten" Music, The reason I knew Mr Hogan so well she was pure evil.
Mrs. Dwier took over as principal after Mr. Hogan retired. Cronic PMS.
Mr. Roe, Shop, Cool guy but passes out way too easy at the sight of blood. :mrgreen:
Mr. Bisking, AKA "Bisquick", Art, Was cool till I made a water-pipe in class :oops: Wonder how he knew what it was :?
Mrs. Mitselfelt, Home Economics, A real trooper.....She survived my cooking. Great sense of humor.

High school was more of a blur
Mr. Ian Dando AKA can't say here but "Toy". Science / Anatomy / Computer applications. Hilarious to say the least. No way you could keep a straight face in his class.
Mrs. Susan Baker, Math, couldn't make it through a class without laughing, dreaded the end of her class every day
Mr. Wininger, History, had that monotone voice that always put you to sleep and he was polite enough not to wake you unless he was teaching something new and important.
Mrs. Franklin, english, Okay but kinda boring. I never got into english.
Mr. Lingle, Auto Tech, Great teacher. never a dull moment, although I'd often correct him on car facts. (He hated that I knew more about cars than he did)
Mr. Weaver, Auto Body, Great teacher but he would let you make mistakes then tell you how to fix it rather than stop you before you mess it up.

Hey Schwinnmesa, Hang In There!

Survived Catholic School. Went to Vocational-Technical school for Auto Mech. Had a hard time getting a job with such little experience. Eventually got with the right shop. Learned a wide variety of repairs. Worked my way up to head mechanic, specializing in computerized engine controls. Still couldn’t make a decent wage so quit my job and went to college in my 30’s. Got a Mechanical Engineering Degree but took 6 years, tons of effort and lots of loaned money. Some classes (and professors were pretty bad). But got into a program called Formula SAE and built a super fast race car (0-60mph in 3.5s, pulls 1.3 g) for a college competition. Applied a lot of what I was learning and really helped me understand it. Great on my resume too.

Went to Detroit and worked on some great projects, and traveled all over the US plus stints in Europe.
Got back to MN and am working on some interesting projects with Hardware/Software/Calibration of exhaust emission systems.

Paided off all the loans and now am making ~4 times the amount as an auto mech. More interesting work, easier on my aging body, less interaction with hazardous chemicals, and generally more rewarding.

It was so worth putting up with the crap!! Best of Luck with your degree.

Latest posts

Back