I'm a sucker for ORANGE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found these at the one day a week flea market near my house..thanks budeebro1 for the tip:) The little one is a Huffy I think Evil Knievel bike, that I am going to fix up for my 9 year old son who has been bugging me for a "bike with apes"... snagged it for $3.. a bit rusty. but everything moves and no heavy pitting that I can see...the second is a hi-c promotional bike that I am going to convert into a fixie unless its some kind of special gem that you guys would advise not to mess with.(don't think so though) I love orange and lugged frames and this was a smaller frame so a triple yeah for me for $8.. plus I grabbed an air spray gun, for $3 too. Finally get to stop using rattle cans:) Tried hard to get the guy who sold me the spray gun to let go of an alloy mountain bike with girvin fork he picked up while there, but he wanted a project..darn:( Maybe next time...cool place and hope to visit often..
orange012.jpg

orange014.jpg

orange013.jpg

orange011.jpg

bikes4life said:
thanks...the serial number starts with SC, so do you think its O.K to convert?

I'd go ahead and convert it, just keep the parts and leave all the brake cable loops intact so the procedure is still reversible should you ever change your mind.

Way to go Bikes, sucks 'cause I dont get to go unless I skip work for a few hours but anyway great score. If you can, get there as early as possable for the good deals. Bought two sets of forks on morning for $5 and they are old style with almost three inches between the legs and past on a pre-war girls frame on day cause the guy said $120, talked to the guy who bought and he said he got for $60 and I started to offer the guy $60 oh well. Glad to see a fellow or fellowette RRB snaggin' the good deals.

I am planning on cleaning the evil bike for my son, but I think it needs new paint its pretty bad off. I am digging the Hi-C bike too, I still have a lot of work to do before shes ready. :)

Thanks...my room is getting a bit full really quick:) My son is thrilled with the muscle bike, he keeps asking when I am going to fix it up for him..

Back