If you build one for the lady, they might understand.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are obsessed with bikes and sometimes neglect the time you could be spending with a wife or girlfriend or even friends, build them a bike to ride (youre gonna build one anyway) so they can possibly gain an understanding and appreciation for what you do. If that doesnt work, then get divorced, split up, or punch your friend in the face cause they are obviously dumb.

1028091336.jpg

Heres my 60s western flyer eight ball project without the fenders and my girlfriends 60s western flyer that I built up for her to cruise around the lakes with me on Monday cruise nights. Yeah, we have an understanding.
1028091333.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, my camera took a crap.

I lucked out with some super straight original wheels and tubes didnt bulge out the new balloon tires like they usually do, just a little bit anyway. Custom fenders on the men western are the same fit. Love that look. I picked up the mens in a 3 for $50 deal and sold one of them for $50 so basically two free bikes. the womens juvenile i picked up for 10 bucks. good deals.

I built the Blue Bunny Bike (Samsco) for my girlfriend over a year ago... she hasn't ridden it yet. Any day now it's getting sold.

3437454575_9d9a2d6c12_b.jpg

3437449077_8ee6758c81_b.jpg

That bunny bike is awesome. You dont see the layback posts that often on the juvie/ womens frame but that looks great. Good job on the build. Sorry to hear that its not being ridden. I would sell it and buy a kegerator for the shop.

Nice looking bikes :D

Yup, getting the other half involved is a great idea. But Im not building her a bike, we've got a pair of bikes that we're going to build together at the same time, and the plan is for her to do as much of the work as she can (with some guidance and assistance obviously). That way when people say "thats a cool bike" she can be like "yep, and I stipped it down, repainted it and rebuilt all myself"

Latest posts

Back