Identifying Wald stem size?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a stem that I think I'm going to have to replace, but I can't tell how big it is. When I measure it with my cheapo caliper, it's DEAD SMACK at 21.5mm, so I'm not sure if it's 21.1 or 22.2. There are markings on it, and it says Wald 3144. Google turns up an ebay auction that no longer exists with one for sale, but that's all I can find. Thanks for any help.

Sensor, thanks.... I guess what I need to know is whether I need a 21.1mm or 22.2mm gooseneck, or should I just buy a new headset with the stem?

Thanks!

sorry had to feed the boy and put him to bed. just pulled a stem of my wifes bike and mine both are 21.1 mm(just a side note both are schwinn bikes and stems) i think that wald is pretty much the same as schwinn since they were on alot of the older ones. just tried a phantom repop on the same bikes(22.2) and wouldnt fit any of them
hope this helps

oh, I just realized I have a 22.2mm seat post that is too big for the same bike, i suspect that it'll be too big for the stem also, but I can test it and verify, and if so, I know what size I need. Thanks again!

Back