Identify bicycle frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be wrong, but I'd hazard a guess that thing's close to a century old. Strange that somebody put the fork on bass ackwards. Looks like the tip of the fork is missing.

It looks like someone was trying to make a tallbike. The bottom bracket is where the seat post should be and vice versa. I thought it was upside down, but the head tube angle would be impossible when flipped over. Maybe it's a lugged frame and they switched the top and bottom lugs.

It looks like someone was trying to make a tallbike. The bottom bracket is where the seat post should be and vice versa. I thought it was upside down, but the head tube angle would be impossible when flipped over. Maybe it's a lugged frame and they switched the top and bottom lugs.
good eye wildcat I had to look twice to notice that
I would say you are right someone flipped the middle tube upside down in an attempt of either a tall bike or a flip bike in the works

The rear triangle is upside down in the picture. Seat stays long, chain stays short. Look at any large traditional diamond frame.
Not to mention the direction of the rear dropouts.

Back