Ideas for making a banana seat?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current build may need a longer-than-usual banana seat. Don't need it to be fancy. Prefer it to be relatively easy. Probably won't upholster. I've seen some nice wooden saddles here. My default at this point may be to just shape a piece of 2x4, stain it, and call it good.

Any suggestions about things that could be re-purposed into a banana seat? Suggestions about other materials that could be used?

How about a skateboard? You could shape it however you like and leave the tail on one end. Sorta like the Ichi seats.

Turtlesixfour said:
How about a skateboard? You could shape it however you like and leave the tail on one end. Sorta like the Ichi seats.

Ooh, I need to get my hands on one of those old school plastic skinny kind! And maybe keep the wheels on and make the entire skateboard detachable from the seatpost, so it's a multi-purpose vehicle! I think I'm gonna have to think about that one some more!

Jawon said:
Turtlesixfour said:

Ooh, I need to get my hands on one of those old school plastic skinny kind! And maybe keep the wheels on and make the entire skateboard detachable from the seatpost, so it's a multi-purpose vehicle! I think I'm gonna have to think about that one some more!
That would be awesome! Maybe an old Nash!

Jawon said:
Turtlesixfour said:

DANG you guys, thats a GREAT idea!!! :shock: 8)

Back