ID HELP PLEASE. Aero Flyer Skiptooth. todays score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello...this was my score today at the Lexington Ky Velo Swap...the Head-Badge says Aero Flyer...the Drum-Brake says Arnold Schwinn...any info?...vintage?...any great ideas on what to do next? (customize or stock)...any information is welcomed and helpful...THANKS!
flyer.jpg

flyer2.jpg

Nice find. Could be a Schwinn. The headtube area looks Schwinn brazed. Pull the crank to see if it says "AS & Co"

The frame, (but that is all) is from a 1935/1936 Huffman. The rest of the bike is built up from parts. In my experience, the Aero Flyer badge turns up on a lot of bikes that were probably rebuilt from parts in bike shops during WW2. If you unscrew the badge, you may find another set of badge holes and the characteristic Huffman “bottle-cap headbadge” hole in the front-center of the tube.

THANKS rms...I'll check under the headbadge soon...right now I'm having too much fun riding it!...I need to get my ride-on before my son (el duderino) comes and swipes it from me!...I like that this frame, seems taller, buuut also shorter...I keep catching my foot w/ the front wheel in the turns...THANKS for the info! Buck

Great looking bike!
I think I might color sand it and blast it with clear after getting everything properly lubed.
Then I'd get an old rack for it...
Have fun!
rc

Back