iAM Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the tank on today with three sex bolts. They give a clean look, an alternative is brass acorn nuts with threaded stud material. I have three header options at least. They are shown below.
Number one...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400175276.785843.jpg

Number two...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400175341.389737.jpg

Number three...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400175379.636692.jpg

Vote now!

No, 3 looks good to me

No consensus going on here...here is a pic with number one going on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400205229.223621.jpg

Thanks for the input! Think I need different bars.

That's cool. Just a thought, how about turning the pipes to point back a little further, kinda P51 Mustang style? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be easy to do that, just some rotation. I didn't want to chance burning my legs though.

I like 1 best but what if you mitered them and added a copper pipe so they are all one unit then braise it all together?
I have contemplated doing that. I don't really have a way to do consistent miters. I can do the same thing with fittings but it creates a pretty big mass of copper hanging of the side.

Newly painted Wheel set with Nexus 3 speed hub and 26" x 2.35" tires.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400291519.187281.jpg

Put one of the double leg kickstands on. Looks like I will need to shorten legs.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400339857.221654.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400339877.845085.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400339920.930116.jpg

Need to complete electrical, figure out drivetrain, find different bars and work out seat post mounted shifter. I also plan to work with the paint some, distress the tank and battery case. I'll also try adding some lines to fenders.

The tank looks great. Nice color scheme and two tone design!

I wonder how the fork doodads would look painted with the tan color?
Yes I've been pondering that. Now with the black kickstand and black rear light, they coordinate but the black seems to stand out two much. Paint is cheap and can easily be changed. May try the khaki color. Sorta hate to defile the Model T Black on the taillight though.

I had forgotten I had this rear trunk piece. Ran across it while shredding junk mail. I hate to keep throwing things on the bike but it has some possibilities. It would be removable when not wanted.
petatada.jpg
age6a4uj.jpg

Any comments?

Looks awesome so far brother!
Quick question, have you tried the rear wheel yet?
I'm planning to run 26x2.35 tires on my Higgins resto-mod too and hoping there won't be fender issues. Looks like the front will be fine.

Keep going, your bike looks great.!

Put one of the double leg kickstands on. Looks like I will need to shorten legs.
View attachment 3046 View attachment 3047 View attachment 3048
Need to complete electrical, figure out drivetrain, find different bars and work out seat post mounted shifter. I also plan to work with the paint some, distress the tank and battery case. I'll also try adding some lines to fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back