I want a RRBBO2 shirt!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ratsters,

I understand that some of us feel the prizes awarded should be one-of-a-kind and unique only to the winners. Fair enough. Something like a one-off trophy certainly fits the bill.

But I see these shirts as kind of a souvenir of the event. A commemoration if you will. In the Superbowl, only the players get the ring, but ALL can buy a shirt commemorating the event.

It's with this that I make the suggestion of offering this particular shirt up for sale to all. Perhaps even adding the particular year of the BO. Of course I would ask the winner of the BO is he'd mind spreading the love around to the rest of us.

It's my humble opinion that the shirt designed for the 2nd BO epitomizes the spirit of why we're all here.

Spin

A couple of comments on this request...

I too think it would be cool to have these shirts made up, but there are a few issues to address. The first one being that our member "Martin" from France was the one who did the illustration for the shirt and I'm not sure how he would feel about it being mass produced. Things can get complicated quickly if someone else is making a profit off your designs.

The second issue is production. I had that one shirt made for Adam via CafePress because they do on demand digital t-shirt printing. That may still be an option for printing these shirts, but I will say that they are expensive and their turn around time is not the greatest.

Traditional printing is always best, but requires a certain number of shirts as a minimum qty and also wants payment up front which usually ends up being $400 - $600 out of pocket for me. This method also requires numerous trips to the post office for me as well.

So...it's something to think about....I'd like to have one of those shirts too..ha ha. :roll:

I think I had one sent to Martin....maybe, now I can't remember.

I just know that there isn't one in my closet. :cry:

I had shirts made up with my brewing logo when i was brewing beer 10 years ago. I gave the local printer my design, and i beilieve the minimum run was 12 shirts. I know it was less than $150 for all 12 shirtS (Hanes Beefy T's). Maybe a small set up cost too.

Absolutely, Martin would have to give the OK and perhaps get some kind of kick back (beer?)

In any event, I'd be happy to check with my printer again if we get the green light.

Spin

On my two previous shirt orders I have had quantities of 75 shirts.

That was mainly to keep the cost down and make it worth the effort.

On the last shirt I had 35 pre-paid orders...which is the only reason it happened.

Talked to my printer.
It's cheaper than I thought. Prices are as follows:
This is for up to 4 colors
I told him design would be on back of shirt
White shirt 50/50 blend: $7.50
Black shirt: $8.50
100% cotton: $10.00
Minimum run : 12 shirts

He says no set up fee provided it won't take him forever to set up the design. I told him the design is already loaded on the PC.

If we get the green light I'd be happy to take the orders, collect the dough, and ship out the shirts. Just pay me the shipping costs.

Spin

How about doing it the Rat Bike way? Custom one off's are dirt cheap. :mrgreen:
IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

This is what I do when I'm left alone in the house for one evening!

Gerry

xddorox said:
How about doing it the Rat Bike way? Custom one off's are dirt cheap. :mrgreen:
IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

This is what I do when I'm left alone in the house for one evening!

Gerry
THATS HILARIOUS! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
L8 EM

Ok I got confused ,if we win one of these buildoffs we get a ring and a t shirt??? and it has to have a rocket??? Yall lost me..

No..no..no.. he said if you win, you win a rocket wearing a t-shirt....I dont remember where the ring comes in..ask the rocket. :lol:

I haven't even seen the shirt in question, but I would be in for one if you make them. You can never have too many bike t-shirts.

Dan

wow steve i did not know that the shirt is a one of one basicly. oh yea i still have not gotten around to taking a pic of me wearing it yet huh? and hehe i do have one. maybe make another shirt next year that anyone who built a bike and did not win can buy and one special winner shirt. the others can say "I ENTERED RRBO3 AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS DARN T-SHIRT"

Back