I want a basman........NOW!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, is anyone familiar with dealers who carry basmans domestically? Or, has anyone dealt with chopperdome.nl? i don't mind paying the shipping cost but, i'm worried about getting ripped off. Any advice is welcomed advice. Ya boy.......

Where are you at? If you're on the werst coast, SFCYCO.com has a few medium sport frame kits. If you're on the east coast, Local Cycles in Longbeach, NY has both Medium Sports and Standard frame kits. You can go directly with The Chopperdome, but it could take a couple of months to get your bike. I purchased a few items from them before and it took forever, and the box that it was shipped in was tattered. Some of my items fell out of the box and were lost in shipping. The customer service at the Chopperdome sucks. I even tried to open a Paypal dispute, but since it took longer than 90 days to ship, Paypal requires that any disputes must be opened within 90 days of the transaction.

I'm in New Orleans so I'm kinda between coasts and on one at the same time. I'm gonna look into the Longbeach guys. I emailed sfcyco and they seem to drag their feet when responding to emails, but I won't give up on them...yet. Thanx for the quick response, guys (I think I'm gonna like it here)!!!! :D

Basmans a rich mans bike :( :( I was going to buy one until i saw the 80 dollar shipping and handling plus tax deal. I wounder if they allow local pick up lol

Yo Randiddle.............You need to go to Nick At Local Cycles Long Beach New York. He deals with Basman & the chopperdome in A-Dam. Check him at 516-390-7085. He closes in Jan & Feb. I know he has a bunch of Basman frames in stock. Also on Facebook, Just search "Local Cycles"

Real class can cost a bit more, and the Basman is in a class by itself. I've ordered a number of items from the Chopperdome and never had a problem at all, shipped pretty fast too. I think the larger stuff can take a long time to ship especially if its coming over by boat, theres only so much the Chopperdome can do if the stuff you order is damaged by abusive shipping companies, remember that recent Fd-Ex video showing the guy throwing the monitor over the fence.

Nick L. at Local Cycles in Long Beach N.Y. has some in stock and will hook you up. Check out his other stuff too. He also does custom fabricating. here is his facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ocalcycles

Lahrs, Check with Jeff or Teddy (of the Choppaderos) and see if they know anyone who may be selling one. I know Jeff was selling a bike or two, but I'm not sure which ones.

Thanx guys!!!! I appreciate all of the info and the speed of the replies! This one of the best internet communities. Stay classy...

Back