I smell a rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
South Carolina - smiling faces, beautiful places
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored a 1950 Schwinn "future rat rod" and it also had an old Person siren in the rear basket. It's going to need a bit of work but isn't that the fun part

siren1.jpg
195.photobucket.com/albums/aa385/menzorro/siren2.jpg[/IMG]

menzorro said:
I scored a 1950 Schwinn "future rat rod" and it also had an old Person siren in the rear basket. It's going to need a bit of work but isn't that the fun part

siren1.jpg

menzorro said:
Guys, what's your opinion about ratting the bike or a mild restoration ?

Rat it up! You've got a great platform to start with, now make it your own. :wink: :mrgreen:

looks like the front fender is on backwards
It is on backwards and it's also not the correct fender.

it looks like it might be a black or red phantom
How can you tell by the looks ?
I asked in another section what the differences were in Phantoms and other simular styled bikes and was told that they are the same bike with different trim options. So, according to that, any restored B6 could be a Phantom if you wanted it to be. Is that correct ?

I found one reference that listed the front drum as a Phantom only accessory and then on that same site there was a picture of a black Phantom with no front brake.
I am totally confused now.
Thanks for your help tnt1.
I'm going to take it to my local Schwinn dealer for ID. They are a 3rd generation Schwinn dealer and actually I got a Schwinn Corvette for Christmas from them in 1959.

Back