I should know this one...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I go to a local draft horse, buggy, junk auction because I spy with my evil eye, this tanked bike I think is a Western Flyer (they painted over the headbadge). I get there a bit after 8am because I hear they're starting at 9. They don't start till 10. I hope they will start at my end and work towards the little stuff. They start at the little stuff and work towards me. At 12:30 they break off and go inside to auction off the buggys. Grrr. I go home for lunch. I come back at 1. at 1:30 they come back out to auction off stuff somewhere else. Double Grrr! finally at 3:30, they get back over to the area where I am waiting, and at 5:40 I FINALLY get my bicycle for all of 30 bucks. Sheesh, I could have gone to work, gotten paid, and still had time to get my bike. I'm tired.
Anyhoo, this bike is in very good condition for a rebuild, and save for the missing rods/tubes from the neck down to the front axle and the broken holder for those rods/tubes, it is ready for me to start.
Now, what is it? I have seen that headbadge before, and I should know what it is. Only thing is, I can't remember squat anymore it seems, and I would like your guys' help. Thought it was a western flyer based on shape until I got home and compared. My western flyer has a round top whereas this one is shaped. Any ideas? Thanks everyone!

after Huffman collapsed only a few years later CWC, schwinn and Columbia were all that remained of the companys that built bikes. after Huffman western flyer used CWC as there bike manufacture.

Wiki Nick.

Iron Horse said:
Cool! Thanks guys! Was Huffman the precursor to Western auto? Or just the manufacturer for them for a while?

Back