I have THE WORLD what now?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks. The tires aren't original, but they held some air. I got to ride it around the block. No grease, no breaks, no fear!

That looks like a '40 DX...maybe a '41.

An old guy I know had a siren like that on his bike when he was a kid. He lived in the village of Garrett, IL with about 200 people and one main street. He said he would start at the edge of town on his Panther, get up to full speed and pull the chain and turn on the siren as he sped down the main street with the thing wailing. The townfolk eventually confiscated his siren! :p Years later, when he got back from the Army, he got the thing back and still has it. He still has the Panther too. :wink: Gary

Life was simple back then..What happened..?

Really cool bike, I would start the good ole chemical stripping process and get that bad boy ready for paint or powder!!

My first test of my Parson' siren on my 20" Schwinn Tornado, on a fast down-hill clip on Sterling Ave in Independence, Mo., got results. When I pulled the chain to engage the siren, it came up to full rpm in seconds. Next thing I knew, a car was pulling over in front of me, thinking that it was a real police car coming down the road. Imagine the surprise on the drivers face when all he saw was some, crew-cut kid on a red bike riding past, with a big grin on his kisser. The Tornado ended up with a, just-starting-to-ride, neighbor kid and I got a Schwinn 5-speed Fastback to replace it. The siren landed up in my dad's scrape metal box in the garage and that is the last place that I remember seeing it. I miss that Tornado and siren.

nice bike man the siren would of a been a great find in its self.... and man that green paint .. i got a bike with that same green color.. is this the stock color house paint for old bikes? :lol:

Nice find!I found one of those sirens on CL but don't have the mounting bracket.Can you post more pictures to show how the mount works?If I can't find a mounting bracket,I could probably rig something up.I put one of my bikes in the repair stand,pedalled it up to a good speed and held the end to the tire.It's pretty loud :!: I can't wait to figure out which bike it will end up on.Thanks to everyone for their great stories about this siren :) :!:

Back