I have joined the motorized AMF roadmaster club.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Went to our local 'Sanford & Son' junk yard/trading post, and saw this guy there. 2 jacksons and it was in my wagon.
Its all complete.. including the tires - completely rotten. It looks like I'm in the market for a pair of 20 x 2.35 tires and tubes.
Plus I need to research the mighty One HP McCullough 2 stroke engine. Needs a gas/oil mixture to run. Otherwise it pedals and stops like normal, other than weird feeling of all that weight on the rear axle.

amfroadmasterscooter.jpg

With gas aproaching 4 dollars a gallon ..Thats looking pretty good. :wink:

The tires seem to be 2.35 x 20" on the front and back.. but maybe 20 x 2.125 would be thick enough. The original tires are 'Carlisle 2-16 moped' tires. I saw some 20 x 2.35 orange tires on feebay that I think would look awesome on this bike.. but if you have a set of proper tires for a great price, green in my pocket is more important than orange on my bike.

i checked this morning sizes 2 1/4-17 underneath it says moped 21x225 doesnt seam to be what you want but i tried

Well, after examining the tubes and tires, one original tube was still functional, and I used a 20" x 2.125 tube for the front. Although the tires have many age cracks in the side wall, they still have tread, so I put them back on, and the bicycle portion of the contraption now pedals like a normal bike.

I did some research on the McCullough engine, anfter driving all over town for a bit of fuel hose, I and my neighbors got the motor running to some extent. There is a vappr lock issue, and the crab leaks through the air filter. Additionally, when the hammer is dropped to get the flywheel to the tire, the entire system bogs down to a stall. More research to do for me.

Back