I have done alot of work to clean this one up-pic's found

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this one has so much chrome the seat is from this bike,bars,grips,and rear rack.
Now what the heck is it,,,Help its driving me crazy..
100_0706.jpg

100_0707.jpg

100_0708.jpg

100_0709.jpg

100_0710.jpg

100_0711.jpg

100_0712.jpg

100_0717-1.jpg

100_0719-1.jpg

100_0720-1.jpg

Re: I have done alot of work to clean this one up-Now what is it

JoeyMac should be able to tell you....he loves chrome bikes. :D

The logo on the grips looks like a Huffy H. I think it might be a Murray built Huffy from the mid sixties.

I don't think that it's Murray. The fork crown, the dropouts, the sprocket, and everything else, nothing looks familiar. It really does look more like a Huffy to me. My best guess. Hope that helps.

umm

huffy - the grips are huffy but ive never seen a chrome huffy cruiser before :?:

hiawatha - most likely guess

hawthorne - edit viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10184 frame doesnt look like the one joes got :roll:

Not a Murray, the drop outs aren't pointy enuff! Those top bars are a clue.. Thinking Huffy, but I'll let Scott make the call. ~Adam

I have this exact same frame! I have never seen another. Mine was rusted free frame from the dump (had nothing on it when I found it) - the chrome cleaned up really nice. I have no idea what mine is either & I actually gave up trying to figure it out. BUT IT IS COOL FRAME THOUGH - and not cuz I have one :) - I like the split top tube - cool bike!

kingplinker
will you post all the pic's on here that you have of you bike...whats the code on you frame and where is it on the bike?

My money would be on Huffy! those double top bars with those plastic caps were a very common element on many of they're models 68-70 era. Muscle bikes, Daisy Daisy tandem, etc. Later & PEACE!!! 8)

Huffy from the grips and the frame extensions with plastic caps.

OK, here are pics of my frame same as frame above - the cranks, pedals, chain guard, rims, seat (unicycle) and bars are off different random bikes - as I mentioned all I had was the frame - but I DO remember it did have fat chrome fenders almost exactly like ones in your pics above - I broke the front top tube caps trying to take them out... to put in spikes... of course.... :mrgreen: :) Not sure how these help but here ya go! I call it "The Tyrant" (my son named it). It runs good, and this is one I grab often to tool around backroads on cuz I like the siren, speedo & compass... sorry, pics are not great....but last one shows serial # in same spot as yours.. I also did not have time to clean it up first!

tyrant_x01.jpg

tyrant_x02.jpg

tyrant_x03.jpg

tyrant_x04.jpg

tyrant_x05.jpg

tyrant_x06.jpg

Back