I HAVE A COOL WIFE...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the back story that goes with the shot of me and Jimmy...

My awesome wife recently bought me tickets to see Jimmy Vaughan in concert on my birthday. We also got a room in the hotel next to where the blues festival was. Yesterday afternoon we went to check into our room before the concert and as we approached the elevator doors, I told my wife..."If we see Jimmy this weekend, we need to have our phones ready to shoot a shot of him. Literally, at that very instant, the elevator doors open up and there standing right in front of me is the man himself. I was absolutely speechless and thankfully my wife had brains enough to say..."Hey, you're Jimmy Vaughan!" I was able to meet him, shake hands, have my photo taken with him and give him one of my RRB cards. Later we watched the concert and I have to say he's one of the coolest humans on the planet.

Okay this isn't as cool as Steve's Jimmie Vaughan concert, but he wasn't able to ride his bike around the concert event and let fans take photos with his bike.

Great music from Grace Potter and JJ Grey and a really fun time!!! More photos in my Fugsley thread (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44315)

DSCN1526.jpg

Wow, that must have been an awesome show. You do have a cool wife!
I've seen Albert King and Buddy Guy. Being a blues influenced guitar hack, seeing any of these legends is a big deal.
You are a lucky man.

Great line up! Glad you got to go.

What did you think of Robert Randolph? Never seen him live, but he sure rocks.

We have tickets to see Delbert McClinton on Sat. at Billy Bobs.

Robert was pretty amazing...although, it was really more rock than blues.

It was seriously loud in the event center and some of his songs bordered on annoying...ha ha. :lol:

I guess that mean's I'm getting old. :shock:

not too old, too much sound pressure pumped out by the sound guys. I think they wear ear plugs! :D

never been much of a fan of JV's style after the Fabulous Thunderbirds.
Very sparce blues style guitar work.
I guess it's no fair comparing him to SRV. Dang, what a shadow he lives under! :wink:

On the other hand, Family Style was a great recording, IMHO.

Back