I got New Stuff!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K so I got one new bike, and I got my wife a new bike to replace the stolen one.
First up is her Schwinn Hollywood. The serial number as far as I can see is AD58428. Any help in dating or telling me where I can find a database about it at would be awesome.
2884515027_6691199618_b.jpg

I used the large size because this bike is immaculate. There's a little surface rust on the rims, but that's it. Schwinn Sparkle grips, Schwin "S" Messinger seat, nice chrome on the fenders, Nice Schwinn Westwind tires, all this for only $50 bucks. I couldn't believe it.

Next, I was on my nightly ride, and saw on a trailer full of scrap metal and stuff this long fork with a wheel on it. I've driven by this place a few times, and I don't wanna come off as judgemental, but the quality of people living in this trailer/shack area wasn't very high. Tweaker type of people... So I stopped by and asked about the bike, and the people who were there told me to go ahead and look at it. Then they said make me an offer. I said $5 and they snatched it up. Then they told me a story about how they come across old bikes quite often and asked if I wanted them to save them for me. I said sure. Then the lady said "Yeah, one time we had this old firestone bike. It was red, had the tank with headlights and everything. It sure was nice for a rusty old bike..." And I said I had one like that stolen outta my yard. And she was like this was a long time ago... I don't know if it was my bike or not, probably never will. Either way I don't think they took it. They were the kind that if they did take it, they would have taken all of my bikes. But They could have found it in an alley or on the side of the road or something... Anyways, here's my tweaker trailer find. It says Western Flyer RamRod II on it. It's pretty cool...
2884515849_e97473b047.jpg

2885350816_d37813ebdb.jpg

Let me know what you guys think?

january 68 on the hollywood (nice bike :D )

http://www.trfindley.com is my favorite site, but daves vintage bicycles, bunch o bikes and oldroads.com are great too

i had a murray firecat similar to your western flyer once. cool bike as well :wink:

oh i like the tweaker chopper. that would be fun to restore and ride.

Yeah the tweaker chopper is kinda cool... Honestly I don't know what'll happen with it... I may and/or may not ever restore it. BUt I knew that trailer was going to the scrappers... ANd it was too cool to let that happen. It's complet, but in real ruff shape...

Back