I can't believe this!!!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just picked this apple krate up off of craigslist & it was only 45 minutes away. $40 cash!!!!!!!!!!!! Next step is to take it completely apart & clean it. Looks to be a 1970
PB300003.jpg

PB300004.jpg

Amazing. especially with the advent of the internet. You would think if they can post on CL then they could also search on google or ebay to find the value.

Never the less, Nice score. I see you have a seat coming

Yeah the seat is on it's way. Yeah the guy said he knows it will be worth some money all fixed up. He didn't realize probably that it's worth something now. He said he couldn't believe all the e-mails he got on it but I must have been first.

Gotta love the folks who stay true to their word even when they are being bombarded with emails.

I've dealt with both kinds of folks...the ones who sell it for what they listed it for and the others who quickly become "experts" and start trying to take the highest bid.

I can't say that I blame them for holding out for good money, but they really need to do some research up front before they sell something old.

Oh yeah, and they need to kill their ad or adjust the price once they wise up. :wink:

I agree rat rod. He didn't even have a price listed. I asked what he wanted for it & he said he had no idea & then he said $30 or $40 & then when I tried to keep my cool & told him I would give him $40 cash for it.

:shock: sweet !!!

this thread just made me check my local craigslist ... even though theres about 10 (road) bikes a year listed :lol:

Yeah...that is usually when the adrenalin kicks in and you have to really put on your poker face...ha ha.

Trying not to seem too eager and try not to dance, skip and sing when you leave with the bike.

It's quite a rush finding deals like that...it's what keeps me in the game.

rusty513 said:
then when I tried to keep my cool & told him I would give him $40 cash for it.

As your heart was fluttering and the drool was puddling at your feet. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dear old dad will be expecting something EXTRA Special this year for Christmas .What do you guys think?

Double your money???

eh, i tried...

Back