I can't believe I haven't found you guys earlier!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I'm so pumped by all the bikes on here that you guys have built! I can't believe the variety and awesomeness of them all! I feel like I've found a home!

I started on my first rebuild when I was 12 and couldn't afford a new bmx like the cool kids. Mine sucked, but when I was 19, I built a hot rod schwinn, that was in 1999. Satin black, red rims, and I airbrushed the chain guard with flames. I wish I had photos handy, but I can't remember where they are. Well, 12 years later, I rebuilt the same bike as seen below.

In my early 20's, I also customized about five 50's and 60's and one 70's cruisers, but gave them all away. The worst part was a 40's bike with old firestone tires that a friend's sister threw away! I hope someone dumpster dived that, because it was perfect! It had drill holes all over it, like it had a motor on it at one time.

I'm working on a 3 wheel Worksman right now... its also going to be a wwii themed, but as if soldiers in the pacific turned it into a rolling tiki bar, with all 40's era decor and carvings. I also started carving tikis about the same time I built my first Schwinn, and still do!

6136232593_7617103cbe_z.jpg

Thanks for this awesome Forum! I think I looked through all the photos so far, and I just found this site this morning!

Thanks for the welcome. Love the rack too, thanks.

6141300164_fa76c06047.jpg

This is my current project, soon to be a WWII Tiki Bar on wheels! Imagine soldiers stationed in the jungles of Papua New Guinnea who had a military issue 3 wheel bike for transporting small deliveries, only one soldier decides to turn it into a mobile hootch hutch! There will be bamboo, driftwood, carvings, masks, thatched umbrella, twine, rope, and tikis of coarse. I roughed out a bar yesterday using our reclaimed fence boards... The headlights and tail lights will be cocnut halves with bulbs inside. I have a small car battery and inverter so I can run a blender and vintage string lights. On the front fender is an opened up tin can... I may make rear fenders from opened up tin cans, but not sure how rustic I want this to be.

I was given this bike last week!

Welcome!!!!!!!! Love the Schwinn & the WWII Tiki Bar looks like it'll be ready for a party soon........

Fireproof said:
Hey Tony, hello and welcome to RatRodBikes! :)
We wanna see yer tiki carvings also! :wink:

tumblr_lqq4x9fr2i1qbx8s5o1_500.png

Here's my backyard Tiki Bar and workshop.

tumblr_lq013uLCbd1qbx8s5o1_500.jpg

Here's the Tiki mugs I make.

tumblr_lo1304iedx1qbx8s5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lrc55bavlg1qbx8s5o1_500.jpg

6" tall tikis carved from driftwood.

4855902878_946bc3a9fa_o.jpg

Here's my Tumblr page: http://tikitony.tumblr.com/
Or my Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikitony/

4855901858_f1dfcbbe10_o.jpg

This Tiki is in Hula's Island Grill in Santa Cruz. I also carved the tikis on the roof and the others inside.. also the Hulas in Phoenix and Monterey.

you have alot talant my friend and welcome ..nice schwinn btw.... :wink: the wood panles under the saddle bags look like they fold up to a table or are the there to hold the baggs??? looks cool as heck..

Tiki tOny said:
Thanks guys. The wood on the Schwinn is just to keep the bag from getting caught in the wheel. A fold up table is an awesome idea! I might incorporate that in the 3 wheeler!
it would be cool... as heck like snydurs with a lil grill too... :lol: :lol: well sounds like i have to find a trike... :mrgreen:

Whoa! Little hibachi grill! I knew this site was my long lost brother! Great idea! I have a little round propane hibachi that would fit perfect. I had already planned on painting the old hibachi, now I can just match the 2 tone of the trike! Great idea! I hope to use the trike down at the beach during the summer for selling tiki necklaces and small driftwood tikis, now I can BBQ dogs while I wait!

Hey! A fellow Venturan! We ought to hook up and trade stories... and parts! I like your tiki stuff - I have a tiki bar in my house featuring three hand-carved tiki barstools that a family member brought back from Hawaii in the '50s.

Back