I Blue the Chief - and I liked it!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day I found online a ad for a Firmstrong the Chief Cruiser.... $30 bucks.
I called and in about 20 minutes... it was mine. right as I was getting to the place to buy it, I got a call from another person I contacted for another ad... and they were selling 2 OP cruisers.... for a whopping $20... for both! I picked those up soon after.
00707_cHHs3dpXQQn_600x450 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

Now the OP's were identical and in showroom condition... seriously... the both were so nice looking, I couldn't bear to make any alterations to them at all... but the firmstrong on the other hand... that one needed some attention... not much... but some none the less. there wasn't much rust save for a little on the handlebars, so wiith minimal effort, it was soon readied to apply a metalilic cobalt blue I wanted to try out after seeing how good the OP cruisers looked in the blue they had... so without further delay... here is a couple pics on how it turned out.. I swapped the rims for some double walled fuji hubbed ones I had for while and put the whitewalls with them as well. I really like how it turned out...

and that is the story on when I blue the chief.

20160530_201751 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr
20160530_201846 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr
20160530_201905 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr
20160531_100422 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

Back