Huffy Touriste Folding Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STS

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My father rescued this bike about a year ago that was left for dead a couple of slips down from his boat when the owners moved to another marina. He let it sit under his back deck and was getting ready to throw it out when I was up there yesterday. I couldn't have that. :)

I'm torn as to what to do with it. I'm thinking tiny wheeled fixie, finding the right gearing for it seems like it might be tough... I've got a large Wald basket waiting for me at my LBS and I think I will throw it on here to do my grocery shopping. The little rear rack is the toughest thing I've seen. Pretty sure I could carry a passenger on it, although I don't know if the tiny wheels would hold. It also has a center stand instead of a kickstand which makes it ideal for loading.

It has not aged very well, however there is only a little rust on the frame itself.

I'm heading over to wally world to see if I can find something in a 16" child's bike for cheap to use for parts.

Picture is huge, so here's a link: http://mwestes.fileave.com/Touriste/010.jpg

Latest posts

Back