Huffy Tank Bicycle updated!!!!!!!! new pics added apes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stuff080.jpg

stuff077.jpg

newbikeapes2003.jpg

newbikeapes2002.jpg

Just picked this up today

Huffy Eldorado
what can anybody tell me about this bike??
Thanks
Here is what it looks like with apes

Re: Huffy Tank Bicycle

How much gas did you get in that tank? :) I don't know much about your bike but I think I just fell in love with those gas pumps!

Re: Huffy Tank Bicycle

I had to take a doubletake, I thought someone had stolen my bike before I had a chance to post it on here.
Heres my twinn to yours.

Heres some pictures of my Huffy
001-87.jpg

002-94.jpg

003-99.jpg

Re: Huffy Tank Bicycle What year???

I've got one as well, not sure of the year but it matches your frame exactly. I got it in a junk store in McGregor, Texas; and I've been riding it nigh on fifteen years. Its spent a lot of that time in my garage; the seat is new, as are the lights (the spiky things on the tire stems are flashing LEDs), baskets, pedals, and kickstand. It came with a seat very much like the one in the OP, and originally had some kind of reflector mounted on the front fender. The original pedals were these freaky metal things; I've still got them and can post pics.

I still ride this one on a halfway regular basis, and with the price of fuel going up, it looks like this old monster is going to be seeing a lot more activity.

huffy_eldorado.jpg

teh603 said:
I still ride this one on a halfway regular basis, and with the price of fuel going up, it looks like this old monster is going to be seeing a lot more activity.

huffy_eldorado.jpg

Nice color.

The forks look bent forward, usually they get bent rearward after bumping into something. It may have been bent too far forward when correcting it. I would pull those forks and look for cracks, especially around the crown.

Looks just like my Huffy Galaxie except the tank is a bit different... Hot find. I love mine...
4161725162_f0ec8a62ae.jpg

Just need to put the tank back on and that happens tomorrow...
5328081336_f7ed381d59.jpg

Looks like your tank has the nose part that has the headlights mounted in it. The OP's doesn't have that part, and mine is totally missing its tank.

Wildcat said:
Nice color.

The forks look bent forward, usually they get bent rearward after bumping into something. It may have been bent too far forward when correcting it. I would pull those forks and look for cracks, especially around the crown.
I'm pretty sure they're normal for the model. All the other ones I've seen have been bent like that. I think the forks have already been pulled since I bought it; I had to have the part that the handlebars mount on replaced a couple of years ago and that should require the shop pull the forks, right?

Edit: the '68 catalog shows them bent to about that angle.

Either way, when I get the money its going to get stripped, sand blasted (prolly walnut hulls instead of sand, though), and then repainted to an approximation of its current color. While it doesn't have as bad of rust as my first car, its more than I like.

Wow, I had to double take, too. It seems like all three of us found a Eldorado is very similar shape. That's weird.

197331_1895653515190_1357140007_2114086_3493766_n.jpg

teh603 said:
Wildcat said:
Nice color.

I'm pretty sure they're normal for the model. All the other ones I've seen have been bent like that. I think the forks have already been pulled since I bought it; I had to have the part that the handlebars mount on replaced a couple of years ago and that should require the shop pull the forks, right?

Edit: the '68 catalog shows them bent to about that angle.

Either way, when I get the money its going to get stripped, sand blasted (prolly walnut hulls instead of sand, though), and then repainted to an approximation of its current color. While it doesn't have as bad of rust as my first car, its more than I like.

You're gonna repaint that bike? It looks great as is!

I just found this one today at an antique shop. It's extremely similar to my Monark right down to the sprocket. I'm not sure what to do with it yet, everything's so straight that I'd feel bad if I didn't utilize all the parts in the restoration :lol:

huffy.jpg

Latest posts

Back