Huffy or other?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks in advance for any help IDing this bike.

You can barely read HUFFY on chain guard... any idea of MODEL or AGE?

Peaked fenders, chrome plugs in ends of double crossbar tubes.

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

Serial number anywhere? The Monark style chain ring may indicate early 60s.

mos6502 said:
Serial number anywhere? The Monark style chain ring may indicate early 60s.

Thanks mos6502. The serial number on the bottom bracket is:

W010766

The nearest I can figure through Internet searching (oldroads, thecabe) is first letter is factory ID and first number is year. 1960? Or maybe I got this system wrong - its kinda confusing.

With the ser# you provided, the W usually denoted intention to be badged as a Western Flyer, but that is a Huffy for sure, although they happened to also make bikes sold under the Western Flyer name or sometimes Hiawatha and J.C. Higgins/Sears bikes. The 0 tells me that yes, by the looks of it, id confirm 1960.

But... the fenders look to be AMF/Roadmaster fenders, the peak which is cool, gave em away. And thats a Monark/Monark ko chainring, as I have a 1961 Huffy built JCH Deluxe with similar but different parts.

IMG_0901.jpg

My 61' with the chainring yours came with and probably fenders too. As far as that being the original chainguard for your bike, an earlier on like pictured would fit, but maybe mine was new for 61'.

Anyways, cool bike man! 8)

Back