Huffy Millennial 29er - anyone else got one ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just picked up this awesome huffy millennial 29er from wally world , for 99 bucks ......seems to be a better riding cruiser and a bit more sunstantial than the cranbrooks ..... only complaint is the steering is WAYYYY tight , but intend to disassemble and re-pack all bearings anyway ..... anyone else have one ??

will find out tomorow - when the teardown and rebuild begins ---- wierd saying re-build on a new bike , LOL - but thats what needs to happen here....plans to - upgrade the handlebars and grips , true the wheels, lube the crud out of all bearing surfaces and cups , teflon the chain, adda few styling ques , add lighting for nitetime riding , get rid of this seat , ect...

randallace said:
will find out tomorow - when the teardown and rebuild begins ---- wierd saying re-build on a new bike , LOL - but thats what needs to happen here....plans to - upgrade the handlebars and grips , true the wheels, lube the crud out of all bearing surfaces and cups , teflon the chain, adda few styling ques , add lighting for nitetime riding , get rid of this seat , ect...

That's exactly what everybody had to do to the Mongoose Beast Fat Tires that Walmart sells. Makes a world of difference.

This seat looks great - but sucks to sit on - bars are wrong color and not a good fit - I want and adjustable stem - like on a comfort bike - looking at a better set of pedals as well - these are junky plastic - look ok but can't depend on them

well..... the top bearing is f'd up... the assembler must have tightened it to tight (obviously) and i think it may have messed up the cup.... good thing i have spares .... swapped the handlebars but the grips fought me for a long time ....had to stick factory stem back on there for now as replacement will not be here for a few days ....considering swapping the chainguard out for an older style as well .....wheels are now true ( well as close as they are gonna get) , but that was also a struggle , how they can , in good conscience , say those are straight from the factory i have no clue - I mean, when ya spin them and put your hand on the stand and fell the lump, lump , lump as the BRAND NEW wheel spins , it boggles the mind , LOL

Just picked up one a couple months back. Been doing some work on it to make it more personal. You can check out what i've been doing with it over on my Instagram. Username is ReaperBlueEyes.

I have one! It is a 1" headset. I fitted it with 26X3" wheels and tires. It's my "convertible", a good bike to have in the fleet as a loaner.
millenial%20low.jpg

mf1.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, Bigcam59! I was looking for a fork to allow me to run that same size tire with a fender. Good deal!

Looks like a good one to make a muscle bike out of...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back