Huffy Firestone 500/ Camaro FINISHED +pix

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alrighty I bought the Bike off of SImpleMan a while back and now i actually gathered a few things to start it off! this is what the bike looks like as it was at simple mans house since i havent gotten the chance to take pics but i will soon! but this is the start! will add more pics soon!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: Firetone 500

I know i been kind of slow with getting pics up but here is what i got so far!
DSC03341.jpg

DSC03336.jpg

DSC03334.jpg

I found some old copper tubing in my apt basement and cut it up an now its my seven seat post!! idk if its going to hold me up but we'll see when i ride...

Going to order a set of blackwalls soon, and waiting on truss rods thats MIA due to the horrible weather and work of USPS! :D, but with all the snow here in NY i dont think i'll be riding around anytime soon! also checking out ways of putting together a leaf spring on my fork. gettin ideas from Double Nickle :mrgreen: All tips and pointers are appreciated :) thanks

DSC03347.jpg

Instead of using the original crank and chainring, and to give the bike a lil more of a racing style i figured i'd go with one of my Dyno racing GT cranks..

Re: Huffy Firestone 500/ Camaro

Just got my tires and tubes. So far the bike is completely built! i apologize for not posting any pics but i will get to that. Im undecided in what seat to use. i have the stock spring seat which i have sitting very low. Or to use a white San Marco Selle with rivets. :shock:

Dboy9887 said:
I know i been kind of slow with getting pics up but here is what i got so far!
DSC03341.jpg

DSC03336.jpg

I took the stickers off! :p
DSC03334.jpg

I found some old copper tubing in my apt basement and cut it up an now its my seven seat post!! idk if its going to hold me up but we'll see when i ride...

dogdart said:
Dboy9887 said:
DSC03334.jpg

I don't think copper tubing is a good idea , even if it's ANACONDA pipe

Yeah it was too flimsy so i switched it out and used the original seat pole and original seat. It was a thought.

Dboy9887 said:
Thanks :D , I just finished it. I just need to post some pics asap!. I been kinda slow on that
Lets see the pics :mrgreen:

dont throw out the copper post just yet, you can use it for a pattern.

Looks great :D I like how you put an STP sticker on it :wink: Very cool 8)

Latest posts

Back