Hudson mens UPDATED PICS and 1971 Manta

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my hudson westfield badge find with a springer it has as bolts on springer and appears to be missing bars and mounted wrong any input would be great any idea of age of bike? What would that springer be off of? And a complete manta cant wait to clean and ride.
Here is pics after assembleming hudson not to sure about that springer. thanks richard
2011-09-17_17-26-51_556.jpg

2011-09-14_19-27-19_274.jpg

DSC06719.jpg

DSC06720.jpg

DSC06721.jpg

DSC06711.jpg

DSC06714.jpg

Re: Hudson westfield badge mens and 1971 Manta ray

AS bolts should be Schwinn. Forks look bent on top, or maybe mounted backwards?
Totally digging the Manta Ray. Looks like it even has the OG seat.

Luck was a big part of it I looked at it in december and it was still there. Thanks to this site for beingable to sell parts to fund this sickness. :D

SIckness is right...I was almost out last year, but these guys (led by Yeshoney) pulled me back in. :lol:

I have a very similar Manta. Out of curiosity, what is the date code on yours? I was told my '71 should have had block pedals with clear reflectors (had aftermarket pedals when I bought it). Those suckers cost me a few bucks. Mine was also missing the rear slick and the Manta handle bars. Has era correct girls/Stardust bars, which work good for me.

Sweet finds! :D I really like that Manta-Ray :mrgreen:

That is one strange springer, but it looks complete/ not bent. Not the strongest fork I've seen. There appear to be no provisions for attaching additional rods. Nice looking frame.

Not to sure if im keeping this one. Not sure why someone would of bent the springer that way. Thanks for looking

That was originally a Schwinn early model springer. The main bars that are there, are definitely bent. It's also missing the strut bars.

Below is a picture of what it's supposed to look like.

web.jpg

well i couldnt stand that springer so i tried bending it back and this is what i came up with. Then i threw some extra parts at it. Thanks for looking
DSC06892.jpg

DSC06891.jpg

Back