Hubless Bicycle wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone still on this topic? I could get the link OCD posted to work. I'm starting a hubless wheel project this week and would love any research.

Hi, my name is Alberto and I found this discussion by searching hubless rotational designs, I am currently building some hubless wheels and doing some designs for a 3D printer, the cost is much lower and I can modify my design easier and faster, hi to the forum!

OMG@!@!:mad: I been secretly working on the same exact idea basics for 5 years now and Some one just has to be the one to be ahead of me on design...:eek::confused: Well looks like its back to the drawing board. But there is a slight flaw to the designment. What will the braking system be? I been stuck on this for roughly 4 years. I was thinking of using a coaster brake internally fitted into the crank and flush fitting the belt (didn't work)and somehow sleeving the crank arms. Same principal in a way. Or hand operated brakes but the problem I had was the snug fit that interferes with the wheel radius of position of the belt.
bicycle-brakes-2.jpg
:113:

That looks clean and simple, good job in the design. One question, wouldn't the pedaling ratio be pretty horrible with the front chainring being so much smaller than the rear?
hublessdrivewheel_zpsaf7d2c75.jpg
:43:

the freewheel would have to be on the crank instead of the wheel like a regular bike

the freewheel would have to be on the crank instead of the wheel like a regular bike
Plenty of front freewheel cranks available these days due to the motorized bike craze... :thumbsup:

Luke.

Back