Howdy from Texas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title says, I'm from Texas. Dallas-Fort Worth area to be more exact. I turn 20 on the 23rd and I'm a sophomore at UNT studying photojournalism. I just picked up a 1968 Columbia this past weekend. I'm not sure on the model but it looks similar to a picture of a Rambler I saw on ebay. It's all original from what I can tell, right down to the tires. It needs a pretty thorough overhaul though, as its been sitting in a garage for the better part of the past 40 years. I'll probably be cruising these forums for help a lot as I go through the resto/mod on this bike.
ModelS2367651968.jpg

Welcome Redge!

Glad to see you found the forum.

That's a sweet ride you've got there.

P.S. I'm a UNT grad....class of 96....Graphic Design. :D

welcome Y'all nice bike Awhh... another photog, I've been a photojournalist for about 15 years now, from community news all the way up to national wire service , National level daily and now back to Community news, most of it fun some not so fun. Heres some pointers
Keep camera close
DO NOT be affraid to shoot
Anticipate the subjects next move
Shoot front to back [or vice versa] NOT left to right...boring and FLAT..YOU WANT depth
GET! CLOSER!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
STOP.....stareing, talking, standing there like a deer in the head lights ......SHOOT!!!!!!!!
and have fun
:shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Thats awesome RatRod, site admins a UNT alumni. That should start off this young Jedi on your good side. 8)

I appreciate those tips outsider. I started off wanting to be a photography major but although I love the art aspect of photography, I decided I'd rather deliver information and awareness to people through this medium. I'm looking forward to the next few years once I get into the meat of the major.

Back