Howdy from Houston

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I very recently found this site as I was looking for bikes like the ones I have. I started working on and jumping bicycles at the age of five. Now I am 37 years old and starting to get back into bike riding. I have always had a pile of bicycles laying around. Right now I have two specific ones that will be restored, modified, and brought back to life in one way or another. One of my bicycles is a 1979 Western Auto Fairway Flyer. At this time I admire the old rust look. Not sure if I will keep it in this state with just minor fixes to keep it rideable. The other is a 1993 Huffy Good Vibrations. Right now I have it tore down and preparing it for a new paint job. I still need to decide on a rear wheel drive. Single speed with coaster brake or installing my vintage Shimano 3 speed hub. Not sure yet.

Photo0973A.jpg

Photo0975A.jpg

Photo0996AA.jpg

This frame is the focus of my energy and creativity. I'm still taking paint off.

Photo1005aB.jpg

Today I found a goose-neck, handlebars, crank, wheels, and seat for my bike.

Photo1010A.jpg

I want to add this hub to the rear wheel.

Yep, I am pleased to have found a new desire for old bicycles. This site definitely hosts a common ground for others who feel that same desire. 8)

Welcome... Im also in houston and recently joined. Check out the rusty riders houston on facebook. They put on weekly rides that are loads of fun.

barkeep said:
Welcome... Im also in houston and recently joined. Check out the rusty riders houston on facebook. They put on weekly rides that are loads of fun.
Cool. Thank you for the warm welcome. I will check it out.

A big thank you to all of you for such a warm welcome. I am having so much fun admiring all the cool bikes. I just love em.

Latest posts

Back