How to Ship a Frame to the UK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here have any experience of shipping either complete bikes or Frames outside the US (namely to the UK)?
I'm wanting to buy a frame in the US and get it to the UK. It must be do-able but seems very hard :(
Have any of you guys sent frames abroad...
We're starved of good bikes over here...hellllllllllllllllllllp :|

This thread is just recently, for shipping to the UK. It wasn't for a whole bike, this was everything but seat, wheels, and chain. A whole bike would have been oversize and a lot more to ship. It is cost prohibitive, unless you really want one. I still have this bike boxed up if you want it.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29515

Bodge
It was my post that the reply in this link refers to and after a lot of thought I bit the bullet and bought an Electra Indy - it will be delivered late next week - although I will find something to "rat" from this side of the pond, and have a style of bike in mind and will have to see if one turns up - however a more thorough search found a few possibles on ebay UK - not sure what you are looking for, but some of these may provide the basis of a project for similar cost of importing a frame............

type -

cruiser bike

into ebay

Theres quite a lot there................................

Paul

EDIT!! this looks interesting......................

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BANKRUPT-26-WHL-A ... 27b3f6d2b4

May have to have one myself!!

Hi Paul
I spotted that frame too looks nice. Although its the pre- 60's bikes that float my boat. Its the ballooners that I'm lusting after!!!
There are a few nice bikes over here but they're few and far between :?

:( Bodge Deep I do understand what you say! It drives me nuts when I see our American cousins picking up fantastic frames for just a few dollars!!

Welcome :D ''FatboyLovesHills'' where abouts in Wales are you from?

Bodge, soz we missed Croft! :( skint after we got back from the coty Amsterdam!later mate.

Back