HOW TO SHIP A BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys... I want to give props to a guy on this site called "BRANDONEHANSON". I got a straight bar frame from him today for which he shipped from IL. In summary... Brandon packed this bike to survive a Nuclear Attack! He bubble packed all the extremities, bubble packed the rear main stays, bubble packed the head tube, bubble packed the bottom bracket and then used card board over the top tube and then proceeded to use LOTS of newspaper to ensure further cushioning between the bike and the "oh so famous" delivery guy! So with that being said...To anyone that has never shipped a bike, take notice of how it should be done~!~ Thank you Brandon 8)

I know what you mean. I recently bought some items, including fenders, from TheFlyingDingo. When it arrived, the items were packaged and taped so well that I almost gave up on unpacking the box. :lol:

I have to give props to StingrayTom from ebay, he uses zip ties to secure the parts to the side of the box, and uses a hot glue gun to seal the flaps-low tech, but it works!! ~Adam

It is good when they are done right. Crassly packs one you could run over with a truck and it will still arrive in good shape. I accused him of working in the shipping department somewhere.

I've had not so good experience with wheels being shipped without any axle end protection. Axles sticking thru the box threads getting worked on the outside and on the inside of the box, axles beating on the spokes of the opposite wheel. So yeah, a good packing job is always appreciated.

Back