How to Post Photos Since Recent Site Upgrade Work ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Test

e09cbb50-8bb8-466d-8219-c9de84651cc2.jpeg

I'm afraid to test a photo upload anymore....:eek:

I think a lot of folks switched to Chrome and love it
I used it briefly for a while, but I'm so used to Firefox, it's never given me problems..and I keep it lean, don't run a lot of add ons... been pretty stable. I think most of the 'updates' are security patches...just like Java and other browsers too....it's all about the security these days.

Edit to add: OH...what I meant to ask is what about the Photobucket users.? Isn't there a code you can paste here into the forums that won't take you off-site?? That's so distracting. I'm sure there must be.
I use Flickr, (which is an old horse by now)... and just paste the code in the picture icon, and it enlarges but stays on site.

Last edited:
Franconuevo,
I used Photobucket before RRB's change to host photos on site. I left clicked on the direct button and avoided opening up (another !) tab. :android:
photobucket screenshot.jpg

Franconuevo,
I used Photobucket before RRB's change to host photos on site. I left clicked on the direct button and avoided opening up (another !) tab. :android:
]

Perfect. I'll bump this There's the code that posters should use right there
Thanks HF.....

index.php

BUMP and UPDATE :
images

I was playing around and making a 'media ' album earlier...AGAIN, could not upload pics, got error message, "
The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.
Screenshot_1.jpg"

SO....I remembered that I have Internet Explorer on the computer...(well, anyone who uses a PC has it even if they don't use it.)
I switched over to that browser and was able to upload pics JUST FINE...
Apparently...it's a browser issue. I bet the people having problems uploading are using Firefox too
Copy and paste any photo on the internet works in both Firefox and IE
'dere ya go
F R A N C O

I have had a problem replying to posts using quote from previous post (which contains a picture) - only way I can reply is by deleting the entire quote.

Firefox for me, after it updated wouldn't let me load pics... So I did a Restore on my computer to a date before I was having issues, and it worked fine, then Firefox updated and problems came back. So I turned off auto updates for Firefox and restored to yesterday and now it's working fine again. I won't use IE and Chrome doesn't do XP anymore so...

Carl.

Firefox for me, after it updated wouldn't let me load pics... So I did a Restore on my computer to a date before I was having issues, and it worked fine, then Firefox updated and problems came back. So I turned off auto updates for Firefox and restored to yesterday and now it's working fine again. I won't use IE and Chrome doesn't do XP anymore so...

Carl.
I'll try that ..thanks Carl. I thought it was a browser thing, but that wasn't it
I.E. was working for a day, then it started again
sent email to Steve @rrb...per his request, with file info. etc.
didn't hear anything....
I mean, I don't mind using a photo storage site and linking, but it sure was handy to use the site up-loader

It will be more frustrating if it's not narrowed down to just one browser...or version of a browser.

Unfortunately stuff like this is usually out of my hands because I can't correct the way that the forum software is written. I just have to wait for them to release a new updated version that might address the issues.

Boy that's the truth as far as coming up with a fix goes! I couldn't upload via FireFox but had no problem using Chrome, so I will use Chrome for that purpose.... the new procedure sure is simple- and appreciated.
Fred

Unfortunately stuff like this is usually out of my hands because I can't correct the way that the forum software is written. I just have to wait for them to release a new updated version that might address the issues.

Yep, ...it's amazing that sites like this one RRB, and other forums (very busy text, posts, photo heavy sites) can even work as well as they do.

It will be more frustrating if it's not narrowed down to just one browser...or version of a browser.

Oddly, I am using the most current edition of IE. I stopped trying to use Firefox a while back due to the myriad of things I kept running in to. I only use it now for viewing ebay.

Quite frustrating. I had a LOAD of photos on this site and several others when Webshots turned in to a pile. Several years of illustrated posting was destroyed in an instant. I am getting to a point where I don't want to post replies with accompanying photos on anything.

Oh well - I don't know about how to respond to upload using some hosting service - that was the premise of going "Gold"...

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Well, it will be coming up on a month soon since I first wrote about this uploading issue. I still can't 'upload a file' with the upload button to this site...tried every browser known..it's blocking my IP address, or computer ID...pretty sure about that by now.

I know it's troublesome, especially when there is a chance here to store and file an online record of a special build you did.

Problem is... you switch files around on Flickr, or imageshack, etc. move them to a diff album lets say...you just going to get lots of broken links which you see a lot here, and that'll jump you off of a post mighty quick.
Yes, I sent an email to Steve a RRrbikes. It apparently is an ongoing issue for many of us.
Cant-Upload-Files-Photos-Internet-FTP-zero-Byte-Upload-Errors.png

Well, it will be coming up on a month soon since I first wrote about this uploading issue. I still can't 'upload a file' with the upload button to this site...tried every browser known..it's blocking my IP address, or computer ID...pretty sure about that by now.

I know it's troublesome, especially when there is a chance here to store and file an online record of a special build you did.

Problem is... you switch files around on Flickr, or imageshack, etc. move them to a diff album lets say...you just going to get lots of broken links which you see a lot here, and that'll jump you off of a post mighty quick.
Yes, I sent an email to Steve a RRrbikes. It apparently is an ongoing issue for many of us.
Cant-Upload-Files-Photos-Internet-FTP-zero-Byte-Upload-Errors.png
I did a system restore to a date earlier than when I started having problems.
Firefox worked fine for me after that until it updated...
Then I did a system restore again, and it worked again... until it updated...
Then I downloaded Opera, it's an odd little browser,
but older laptops like mine with XP aren't supported by Chrome anymore.
It's been over a month and no problems.

Carl.

Just got the Internal Server Error again on a quoted reply.
There were no images in the quoted section, but there was a smiley.
I deleted the smiley from the quoted section and no error.

UPdate..today May 22
oh well, just gave it another shot for fun...
not gonna work , same message I've gotten ever since the site work a while back...who knows ?

The following error occurred

There was a problem uploading your file.

Longtail06.jpg

I am getting the same error here at work using IE. Can not upload anything. I figured it was the IT geeks blocking access because the same thing happens over on the CABE. It has to be related to work because I can upload the same pics (no editing) from my home computer using IE. ????

JimK

I am getting the same error here at work using IE. Can not upload anything. I figured it was the IT geeks blocking access because the same thing happens over on the CABE. It has to be related to work because I can upload the same pics (no editing) from my home computer using IE. ????

Sounds like your work has their web filtering software set up to block uploads.

Latest posts

Back