How to ID my Westfield Columbia with Serial#

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
here is the serial number: G31045

It's a Westfield Columbia. Has raised center rims, offset crank, Musselman rear hub, tiny diameter seat post, nice elegant fenders ....

Any help would be great. I'v had it for about a year ad a half. All I've doe is wash it. I should clean it really good, but I'm doing other things. I'm mostly curious to know the year.

photo:
DSC02996.jpg

Here are the relevant “G” Westfield serial numbers:

1941 G5000 - G17433
1942 G17434 - G112858
1943 G112859 - G195135
1944 G195136 - G200000

That would place your bike in very early 1942 before the switch from chrome to paint and black parkerized finishes.

Phil

Wow. This on looks a lot like my Columbia frame i built up recently. All I had was the frame... So I wasn't afraid to go hogwild. Here's mine.
3080385308_833a308ec7.jpg

Where'd you find your serial number at?

Cool thanks for the info. And the props on my bike. I like your blue one. If mine had been a little more complete, I thin I woulda felt bad putting the 24's on it, so while I would like an original-ish one, it was cool having a frame I could do what I wanted to. And haveing a fork I could modify to fit. That part was fun. I like heating up and melting metal... :mrgreen:

I know how you feel. I really wanted to mess with mine but couldn't bring myself to do it. :) I might just sell it. although not for that reason. Wife just lost her job. I gotta get rid of some stuff to keep paying for Boy's School. $100 - 150 isn't going to pay tuition but it will help.

A friend gave me an old Westfield a couple years ago. Hopefully, your serial number info will help me identify mine, too. Got most of the parts... need the right crank... think I'll restore this one. Got plenty of other stuff to cut up.

Latest posts

Back