how to get 2 grand for your OCC

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asking and getting are two completely different things. I can ask $1,000,000 for my VW but I doubt anyone would take me up on it.

Peatbog said:
Yeah, but your VW isn't covered in bamboo.
I know it's covered in primer...lol. And the dash was covered in Burlap when I got it. :lol: Yeah that car lived a hard life. It will be re-born soon enough.

I think somebody made a few of these. Here's one for sale in San Diego.

5Y45T65W63n83kb3oabcd8f772abfbd1217e7.jpg

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/bik/2751440961.html

Well, it is pretty creative, and I can't begrudge people for trying to make a buck, as long as there's no fraud.
I would expect something like that to get a better reception here, at least it earned laughter points. I guess it's the high price that offends. :?

Would I buy it?? Heck no! but, I would ride it if I were stranded on that island. Maybe take a 3 hour tour of the place... 8)

The Professor on Gilligans Island...HEH!

He could build anything outa bamboo...except a boat.

He was educated beond his intellegence.

Couldnt even fix the S.S. Minnow.

Only 13 hours left and no bids yet! Oh man, maybe he *should* have sold it to those tv and film prop managers. Maybe Pee Wee Herman will scoop it up in the last minutes. :|

I'm sorry, but I'd imagine a prop manager could put one of those together for about $10.

Drum brakes and a bamboo v-twin !? I'm there! No, really though, I think that's cool, the one in the CL ad looked like an inline four. $2000, I'd rather build one myself. Imagine the results some of the guys here would come up with using bamboo.

jackdaw said:
Drum brakes and a bamboo v-twin !? I'm there! No, really though, I think that's cool, the one in the CL ad looked like an inline four. $2000, I'd rather build one myself. Imagine the results some of the guys here would come up with using bamboo.

Yeah, there have been a few really cool designs already done, Maybe we should have a Bamboo build off! Wish it wasn't so hard to find around Indiana. I love this first one.

bamboo-bicycle.jpg

bamboo_calfee.jpg

Back