How small are 20" muscle bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know how else to put it in the heading. My question is how tall can you be and still ride one of those comfortably? They are really cool and I have an old Schwinn that if I can loosen up I want to get going again. But I imagine they will be too small for me at 6'2".

What do you think?

Re: How small are 20" muscle bikes?

Look at Dan (Danimal) riding his Schwinn 20"er in the Northampton get together thread. He's 6'8" and has no problem.

I guess I'm a runt :lol: 6' and I'm fine, I've said it before I wouldnt plan on going everywhere on a muscle bike but just putting around for a day or neighborhood rides are fun.

I have a 20" Stingray frame I was thinking about building into me a rider, but was worried that at 6'1" I woudn't be able to ride it. Feeling better about it now. As far as looking funny riding it that's o.k., been told that I'm funny looking anyway. :D

I have a murray wildcat and sears spyder, to me those frames look bigger than the Schwinn frames. but yeah, why not build a 24 or 26" frame? use something like a 24x3 thick brick on the back.

I am 6' and have a number of Stingrays and a couple 24" Manta Rays. I ride the Stingrays Locally, and for longer rides I step up to the 24" Manta's. They are a blast to ride.

I'm 6'4". I look like a bear in a circus on a 20" Schwinn. The long frame Rail I just build my son I can fit better in because the bars aren't in the way. But as you can see, with the seat adjusted for him, it's still pretty small.

FAfoSe.jpg

That's why I built myself a 26" muscle bike. Fits me great. :)

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/monster-ray.77433/

24 or 26 inch with muscle bike parts will work. I think they call them pig bikes.

i would build a 24" muscle bike , it would be more coimfy & won't have to raise the seat up 12'"s
I second Pat on this, If you build up a 24" like a classic muscle bike, you get the comfort and the looks, with the added bonus its built ground up. throw a stick shift up there, sissy, nanner.. get 'er rollin!

If I'm not mistaken I believe 20 inch muscle bikes were marketed to riders 5-6 tall. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere in an old catalog.

Latest posts

Back