How many bikes do you own?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was up to 19, now I'm down to 12. 2, maybe 3 of them are for sale.

that would be great if I could get down to 9 bikes total.

Right now, just two. The Fat Belly Bobber and the Amsterback (in progress). There's also the 16" toy-store Schwinn of my daughter's that needs replaced with a 20" something. The Mrs. doesn't have anything yet, but at 5'2", it will have to be a 24". In all likelihood, it will be new, she just like that, ya know?

My future plans are for 2-3 more 'keepers', then it's all flip projects/customs from there.......I think :roll: :wink:

4 rideable and 2 projects. My wife says too many.

Gold Street Customs said:
More than 50 less than a hundred, would really like to get down to 25 riders, ya know in case you have company :wink:

Company? What the 49er's entire football team? :mrgreen:

5 Schwinn, 3 Raleigh, 2 Sears and Roebuck, 1 Hercules, 1 Roadmaster, 1 Ross, 1 Emory, 1 Robin Hood, 1 BikeE, 1 Fuji, and 1 Gravity, only 18 bikes right now.

Wildcat said:
5 Schwinn, 3 Raleigh, 2 Sears and Roebuck, 1 Hercules, 1 Roadmaster, 1 Ross, 1 Emory, 1 Robin Hood, 1 BikeE, 1 Fuji, and 1 Gravity, only 18 bikes right now.

Sweet I got a Hercules myself.

I own exactly N + 1 where N= Number of bike in my garage and 1= the need for more bikes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1. SHIMANO 10 speed mountain bike that I have ridden for years. 100% ready to ride.
2. HUFFY 10 speed mountain bike that lately I canabalize for parts. 95% ready to ride.
3. COLUMBIA BUILT 3 Star Deluxe that has been rejuvenated and my wife rides. 100% ready to ride.
4. AMC FLASH that I bought as a donor bike, but don't have the heart to mess with...100% original. 100% ready to ride.
5. ROLLFAST with a "springer" front fork. My current project bike. A "rusty-bike" now, but you just wait! 100% ready to ride.
6. SEARS "Sunny Day Ride" Tandem. Another project bike that I add parts to from time to time, but is on the burner behind the Rollfast. 25% ready to ride.

Ahhhhhhh.... I lost track a few years ago! :lol: How many is this?
SUNP0007-5.jpg

CRIM0027.jpg

SUNP0006-5.jpg

adamtinkererscollection2009-1.jpg

-Adam

Luckily I don't have so many that I can't keep track of them, but I DO have a few more than my family can ride.

My bikes: (all rideable)
1. '65 Western Flyer
2. 2008 Cannondale 29er
3. Specialized Tarmac Elite
4. Big chopper
5. FINX Kruiser

Wife's bikes: (all rideable)
6. 2009 Cannondale F9 (bought cheap new and built up nice)
7. 1996 Parkpre Comp Limited
8. Box-store cruiser I chopped

Daughter's bikes: (all rideable)
9. 2008 Haro Flightline (her first bike - a 24" mountain bike)
10.1996 Ross 164 trials bike
11. Chopped Huffy Cranbrook

Son's bikes: (all rideable)
12. Schwinn Gremlin (his first bike)
13. Haro X16

...and I'm looking at a Cannondale full suspension mountain bike and my wife is wanting a road bike. :lol:

...and I have six or seven bikes that were given to me stuffed under the deck in the back yard. I figure they will be pilfered for parts over the winter as I build whatever I build this winter.

Hay Burner said:
4 rideable and 2 projects. My wife says too many.
im with you on this one!
and i only have my huffy cruiser, my electra boney finger and a schwinn roadbike im working on. oh plus 2 kids bikes that i took apart and r in the closet and 1 girls 16'' in the trunk of my car i found the other morning on the side of the freeway.

43 riders, 7 or so parts/projects for someday. 9 of my riders share one wheelset (fixed gear) and 3 cruisers share a skip tooth set. Like I always say, "I don't have a bike problem, I have a storage problem!" :lol:

6 riders (mostly Schwinns,didn't plan it it just happened that way)
'65 Racer
'65 Varsity
'73 Suburban
'80 Collegiate
'71 AMF Roadmaster
New Raliegh mountain bike

3 projects (next build off I hope)
'63 Schwinn Fleet
Workman Cycle truck
Magna mountain bike

4 muscle bikes I really don't have room for but I don't want to get rid of.
'74 Stingray( I had since new!)
'70s Ross Apollo
'60s Ross 5 speed
'70s Executive

1 '69 Murray chain drive trike.( Christmas present when I was four. Given to my neighbors years later. Several years ago I saw "my trike" out on the street waiting for garbage pickup so I put it in the back of my truck and now it's back home!)

Storage is always a problem but some how I always find room for another bike.

Back